The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/)
-   -   Show Season is starting, aaaahhh!! (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/show-season-starting-aaaahhh-113405/)

Roberto 02-17-2012 05:37 PM

Show Season is starting, aaaahhh!!

2 Attachment(s)
Well show season is starting, we have our first show on March 31st. I think my mare will be shedded out by then, she's already been loosing her winter coat, yeah! That's the good news.

My trainer hated my saddle that I bought for showing. I know it wasn't the best, but it was what I could afford at the time, fit me - for the most part, and was reasonably priced. Other riders often complimented me on it. But my trainer said, "get rid of it." So the hunt for the new show saddle has been on for about 2 months. Been looking online, ebay, classifieds, tack shops, trying to find the right saddle. I was looking at a Sargarents Silver Mesa, but I would have had to drive to Oregon to look at and sit in it. But I found a pretty nice Crates, locally to where I live, so I won't have to drive for 3 days to look at a saddle, just one day. I tried it out today and it fit my horse and my trainer said, yes! So here's the new saddle.

So, if anyone out there is looking for a nice starter show saddle or something that can just be ridden down the trail, I have a nice Simco Pleasure Show saddle, 16" seat, full quarter horse bars, sterling silver trim and conchos, basket weave stamp.

busysmurf 02-17-2012 10:55 PM

Jealous!!!!

crzyhrse 02-19-2012 09:58 PM

Can you post a pic. of the saddle your selling and how much...Thanks :)

SouthernTrails 02-20-2012 07:58 AM

Very Nice Saddle

happy123 02-20-2012 05:00 PM

It's so pretty!! How much are you looking for?

Roberto 02-21-2012 01:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the compliments. It's super comfortable and fits both my horse and me. The lady who owned it before me, only rode in it like 4 times, so the fenders/stirrups need to be turned, and the leather creaks when you ride in it. So, this coming weekend, I'll turn it upside down and baby powder it and also put a broom through the stirrups and let it sit for about a week. I have a saddle maker making me some decorative rear billet buckles, like what is on my old show saddle.

Crzyhrse and happy123,
For my old saddle I'm asking $800 or best offer. Here are some pics of my Simco. It costs about $50 to ship a saddle, that is what I paid to have the Simco shipped to me from Pennsylvania.

happy123,
Where are you in Arizona? My kids live in Glendale. We'll be going over the first of April or so to visit with them.

Charlotte loves Magic 03-01-2012 02:34 AM

You're old saddle is still kind of gorgeous...I think so any way!

GotaDunQH 03-02-2012 06:25 PM

The new saddle you are looking at is an upgrade from the old one merely for the butterfly close contact under the leg. Go for the new saddle and sell the old!

Palomine 03-02-2012 08:39 PM

Our barn is at second show, in two weeks. They shipped out 2/22 and got home late the 25th, and then shipped right back out the 28th for March to the Arch in St. Louis.

Had two days off but I am beat...

Don't know when the next one will be, but probably within 2 weeks.