The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   Is She Frame? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/she-frame-113426/)

Kansas Spice Girl 02-17-2012 08:16 PM

Is She Frame?

So... I am now dieing to know if Spice is actually a frame carrier or not! I sent my form & sample out today :) I know that this has come up in another thread... but any more guesses while I wait?
I'll make a new post with pics.. wont let me attach to this one for some reason!

SunnyDraco 02-17-2012 08:28 PM

I will be curious to know the results of the test. There certainly is the chance, wouldn't it be something if she had a loud frame foal? :D

Kansas Spice Girl 02-17-2012 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are the best pics of her white i could find! She has no other markings other than her Dun factor :) The last 2 pics are of her sire!

Attachment 88788

Attachment 88787

Attachment 88790

Jedi 02-17-2012 08:29 PM

Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly does it mean when a horse is a frame carrier? I have heard this term used a lot before but have no idea what it means. Thanks. :-)

Kansas Spice Girl 02-17-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyDraco (Post 1365552)
I will be curious to know the results of the test. There certainly is the chance, wouldn't it be something if she had a loud frame foal? :D

Ok... so this may be a stupid question... but can 2 solids have a loud foal?

SunnyDraco 02-17-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedi (Post 1365556)
Sorry to be ignorant, but what exactly does it mean when a horse is a frame carrier? I have heard this term used a lot before but have no idea what it means. Thanks. :-)

Frame is a color pattern. In its most expressed form, it makes the horse look like they were "framed". I could find pictures of frame horses...

SunnyDraco 02-17-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas Spice Girl (Post 1365568)
Ok... so this may be a stupid question... but can 2 solids have a loud foal?

Yep, they do happen :lol:

Two Solid quarter horses that produced loud foals are outcrops that used to only be eligible for APHA registration, but the rules have changed now.

Kansas Spice Girl 02-17-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyDraco (Post 1365571)
Frame is a color pattern. In its most expressed form, it makes the horse look like they were "framed". I could find pictures of frame horses...

Jedi: The "Frame" Overo pattern is lethal in homozygous form... have you ever heard of Lethal White Foal?

Kansas Spice Girl 02-17-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyDraco (Post 1365578)
Yep, they do happen :lol:

Two Solid quarter horses that produced loud foals are outcrops that used to only be eligible for APHA registration, but the rules have changed now.

Cool when I think of cropout I just think of like abnormally large socks lol not a loud paint! I've heard of solid paints throwing loud foals when bred to regular registry, but never solid to solid! Thats neat... just another example of my ignorance lol :)

MisssMarie 02-17-2012 08:40 PM

My neighbor bred her mare one time. She was one of the best mares ever and had every intention of keeping the foal. Well, she had gotten her at the mare at an auction years ago. They knew nothing of her bloodlines. They bred her a few years back and the foal was lethal white. She died soon after. The mare is fine still, now lame due to a fall, but they never bred her again.
Posted via Mobile Device