The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   Could Image be Frame? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/could-image-frame-113433/)

Piaffe 02-17-2012 09:07 PM

Could Image be Frame?

7 Attachment(s)
Perusing other threads has got me wondering...is it possible that my sister's mare Image is Frame? just overo? sabino? splash? Thanks!:lol:

CLaPorte432 02-17-2012 09:28 PM

She looks frame and sabino to me. Definitely get her tested for frame before ever breeding her. (If anyone thinks about breeding her that is) I'd say she probably carries splash as well with her white face and blue eyes.

Chiilaa 02-17-2012 09:37 PM

I say yes to frame too. The patch on her neck looks very frame to me. Another pointer is the restriction of white on her legs while the splash is going nuts on her face and belly. That screams frame to me. Sabino too, mostly the way the white avoids her eyes is the hint here. Sabino doesn't like to allow white on the eyes. Splash is there too - I see it in the neat lines to her leg white, and the way her face white is bottom heavy and falls away to one side.

Pyrros 02-17-2012 10:01 PM

Frame is a definite possibility, frame can be present on pretty much any horse without necessarily being visibly notable. Splash, definitely given the blue eyes and face white that is bottom heavy and seems to 'drip' off one side of her face.

Some people say frame can cause blue eyes as well, though I don't think it's been proven.

Sabino given the jagged edges on her markings. :3

happy123 02-17-2012 10:43 PM

I don't know much about coloring but she is gorgeous!

Piaffe 02-18-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy123 (Post 1365776)
I don't know much about coloring but she is gorgeous!

Thanks:D We love her...She will be 18 this spring but doesn't look or act it!!

So she is frame,splash,sabino and overo? Wow! Thanks everyone for letting me know. I am so terrible at genetics:wink:

Chiilaa 02-18-2012 03:01 AM

Frame, splash and sabino ARE overo. This is why I never like the word. "Overo" really means "any white pattern that isn't tobiano". It lumps all of them together without distinction.

Piaffe 02-18-2012 10:49 AM

Oh...lol. I learn something new everyday on here :) Thanks!