The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Mule critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/mule-critique-113477/)

horseluver250 02-18-2012 09:22 AM

Mule critique

Can I get a quick critique on this mule please. Would be used on the trails for walk/trot only and possibly driving.
DSC09483 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
video
Yes she is a broker horse at ac4h

Missy May 02-21-2012 11:00 AM

Wow, well if that is what you are going to use it for - what is not to like? That is a big mule! Must have come out of a draft! I have never riden or owned a mule...or wanted to. But, if I had to...I would want one like this!

smrobs 02-21-2012 11:12 AM

She looks like a fairly nice mule. There is some funky movement going on with her hind end but I am thinking that may be because her feet need some serious work (regardless of what they say in the vid).

She seems to have decent training for a working mule so I see no reason why she wouldn't fit your needs.

mlouati1389 02-21-2012 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i like the mule. but there is something funny about her front hoof angle.

smrobs 02-21-2012 04:12 PM

She just needs some good hoof care. Mules are naturally more upright in their hoof angles than horses are (hence why there is a fault in horses called "mule footed", it's almost like a low grade club in horses but in mules it's normal). They get that from their donkey parent.

mlouati1389 02-21-2012 04:14 PM

ahh ok. i didnt know that. thank you for sharing :)

smrobs 02-21-2012 04:18 PM

No problem :D.

horseluver250 02-21-2012 06:01 PM

Didn't think anyone was even going to reply to this! She is already in my quarantine pasture lol. Yes her feet are extremely long, the funky movement you are seeing is probably because of that, her one hind toe is starting to grow to the side a bit. And she was also injured before I picked her up, her face is cut, mostly around her eye and eye was swollen shut. It looks better today with some cream. And she some cuts on her leg and a swollen knee, waiting on the vet to get back to me to get some smz.
But she is incredibly quiet and sweet.

horseluver250 02-21-2012 06:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here she is, shes pretty pathetic looking right now. Even my husband feels sorry for her. Any tips on how to get dried and matted manure off without bathing?

smrobs 02-21-2012 06:10 PM

Well, congrats on the new addition!! Pictures are a must :D.

Oh, I did mean to ask, do you know why they clipped her head/neck?

ETA: you added pictures as I was posting.

I would gently use a metal curry to remove the manure. It will take some effort, but it works.