The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   weanling filly (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/weanling-filly-113541/)

pastrychef 02-18-2012 10:46 PM

weanling filly

4 Attachment(s)
This is my paint weanling, the last picture is her sire.
:-)
I love her no ,matter what but out of curiousity... i thought id post.

CLaPorte432 02-18-2012 11:00 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Don't know much about conformation, plus I think she's a might too young to judge anyways. But I think she's adorable! And what long legs! Gorgeous coloring. And I really really like her sire. Is he known for anything showing wise? How is your filly bred? (pedigree wise)

BaileyJo 02-18-2012 11:11 PM

She is cute! Love her two high socks. Will she shed out gray or is that roaning?

pastrychef 02-18-2012 11:12 PM

Thanks! Shes a cutie. She is about 4 months in this picture. Ill have to look at ,my new pictures to see if i have good confirmation pictures, shes almost 9 months old now. Her sire has two eyed jack, and jack the drifter , grey badger's back there, joe hancock. His offspring have been used and excelled in all sorts of things. Iam unsure what i want to use her for yet. :) i was hoping reining,...but iam unsure, she can sure run and turn.....maybe barrels...;)

pastrychef 02-18-2012 11:16 PM

she isn't going to turen grey, she has roan markings on her belly , which got whiter, and spread a bit more since...and you can't notice too much in those pics but she has the 2 socks and scattered different white markings on her legs. Shes considered a overo....chestnut/sorrel.....is there much of a difference....one is more redder?

Super Nova 02-19-2012 11:36 AM

She's cute but her hocks and stifle are too straight for my liking.

Super Nova

SRCM16 02-23-2012 04:58 PM

Butt high (probably will grow to even out or be less), nice straight legs, slightly cow hocked, and there is something about her shoulder that I don't like. Maybe the way her neck ties in? Nice filly though, she's a cutie. What do you plan on doing with her?

pastrychef 02-24-2012 06:47 PM

thanks for all comments... i think ill delete this post soon, and update it when i get new good confirmation pics of her, as shes almost a yearling now...

pastrychef 02-24-2012 06:50 PM

SRCM16 iam not quite sure yet.....i don't want to do just pleasure with her...ive always barrel raced, and she can run and turn, but i got into reining last year or 2, and love it. but iam unsure as of yet......

SRCM16 02-25-2012 11:20 AM

Reining and barrel racing; best western disciplines ever IMO. :D