The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Greetings from Iowa! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/greetings-iowa-113572/)

Prussian Blue 02-18-2012 11:51 PM

Greetings from Iowa!

I just joined today! I've been a die-hard horse lover since I was old enough to know what a horse was. Young folks used to ride horses past our house during the summer and I could hear them coming from blocks away! I'd rush to the window or outside and watch them with envious eyes! I could never talk my parents into getting me one of my own so I began to draw them...I had a cardboard stable full of them! Drawing lead to painting and now all grown up, I've had my share of horses but have done more with the art side of it...
I'll most likely find myself into the horse art section of the forum assisting where needed - in addition to drawing and painting, I also teach beginning oil painting at our local Art Association, though, to date, I can't find anyone who wants to paint the horses like I do!
I'm a 1979 graduate of Stephen's College of Columbia, MO. with a 4 year degree in Studio Art and a minor in Equestrian Science.
Glad to be here!

Cheers! :-P

Prussian Blue

waresbear 02-19-2012 12:07 AM

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of work.

WickedNag 02-19-2012 08:18 AM

Welcome from South Dakota~

MHFoundation Quarters 02-19-2012 08:39 AM

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

We have quite a few artists on here, I'm sure you'll like that area of the forum. I can't draw at all, aside from stick figures & patterns for showmanship/horsemanship classes but I love seeing everyone's work here and look forward to seeing yours as well!

annaleah 02-19-2012 08:56 AM

welcome aboard!! can't wait to see some of your work!

Palomine 02-19-2012 07:14 PM

I'm in NW MO, so we are neighbors, more or less.

Nice to meet you. Are you familiar with Jeanne Newton Schoborg? Or, are you her? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

She too is in Iowa and a graduate of Stephens. And a wonderful artist.

Can't wait to see your work.

Prussian Blue 02-19-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palomine (Post 1368335)
I'm in NW MO, so we are neighbors, more or less.

Nice to meet you. Are you familiar with Jeanne Newton Schoborg? Or, are you her? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

She too is in Iowa and a graduate of Stephens. And a wonderful artist.

Can't wait to see your work.

LOL!!! That's me! I guess " Iowa " was dead giveaway!!!:lol:

CLaPorte432 02-19-2012 08:56 PM

^^^ LoL, That's funny!

LittleAppy 02-21-2012 01:36 AM

welcome to the forum Prussian Blue :D

HorseLovinLady 02-21-2012 10:12 PM

Welcome!!