The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   about horse care & grooming tools (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/about-horse-care-grooming-tools-113711/)

somoni 02-20-2012 03:19 AM

about horse care & grooming tools

1 Attachment(s)
horse grooming is really important for our horses` health, we need to choose the right and quality tools to care for them.

Foxhunter 02-21-2012 04:40 PM

well, out of that load of kit you have put up I would only use the sweat scraper.
The quality of the rest is rubbish and there is no metal curry for cleaning the brushes.

somoni 02-21-2012 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxhunter (Post 1371880)
well, out of that load of kit you have put up I would only use the sweat scraper.
The quality of the rest is rubbish and there is no metal curry for cleaning the brushes.

thanks for your advice. how about this metal curry?

Foxhunter 02-22-2012 01:55 PM

I prefer the square curry to the round.

If you are looking to get a good grooming kit then you are better to save and get really good quality body brusk. I have leather backed ones with natural bristle and they are still going strong after about 20 years of regular use.

You need a hoof pick, stiff brush, body brush, rubber circular curry comb, metal curry for cleaning the brushes. For a mane comb I use a metal dog comb with a handle and as I spray their tails with an anti tangle spray I also use it on their tails. You will not break the tail hair if you start combing through from the bottom of the tail.
I finish off grooming by using an old towel to take out the final dust. I do not use show sheen or anything like it on their bodies.

I only oil their feet if they are going somewhere special.

somoni 02-23-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxhunter (Post 1373511)
I prefer the square curry to the round.

If you are looking to get a good grooming kit then you are better to save and get really good quality body brusk. I have leather backed ones with natural bristle and they are still going strong after about 20 years of regular use.

You need a hoof pick, stiff brush, body brush, rubber circular curry comb, metal curry for cleaning the brushes. For a mane comb I use a metal dog comb with a handle and as I spray their tails with an anti tangle spray I also use it on their tails. You will not break the tail hair if you start combing through from the bottom of the tail.
I finish off grooming by using an old towel to take out the final dust. I do not use show sheen or anything like it on their bodies.

I only oil their feet if they are going somewhere special.

thanks, foxhunter! :)