The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Games (http://www.horseforum.com/games/)
-   -   I dare you too... (http://www.horseforum.com/games/i-dare-you-too-113857/)

DrumRunner 02-21-2012 01:01 AM

I dare you too...

Post an "Accent Tag" Video of yourself...This topic had came up a few days ago between a few friends and myself. We each got up the gumption to sit in front of the camera and say a list of words that we all had came up with. This actually turned out to be pretty darn funny and it's hilarious to see how people's accents are SOO vastly different..So, I've added my accent video and now I want you all to do the same.. It really gets interesting when you have people from different parts of the world and the one true arguments remains..

Is it pee-can or pah-con? It's pee-can! You say it how it's spelled..If they wanted it said pah-con they would have spelled it that way..lol

Amber's Accent Video for Sam and Liz - YouTube

Here are the list of words we said in our videos! So now i dare you all to post your own accent tag videos!

North Dakota, Minnesota, Flag, Roof, Goofy, Sorry, Chattahoochee, Alabama, Bless your heart, Yes ma’am, South, Pens, Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, Don’t you know
Alright, Bushes, Different, Important, Right, Eye, Straw, History, Point

DraftyAiresMum 02-21-2012 01:07 AM

Darn my not having a camera for this!! I have actually been asked by SEVERAL Canadians where in Canada I'm from. Know what's funny? I was born and raised in Arizona. lol

SorrelHorse 02-21-2012 01:08 AM

You crack me up girly! :lol: I can't make my own right now....But I will once I locate my camera! I don't have a fun accent though. lol

Dressage10135 02-21-2012 01:09 AM

Here's mine!

Liz's (non) Accent Video - YouTube

demonwolfmoon 02-21-2012 11:58 AM

There ya go xD

DrumRunner 02-21-2012 12:01 PM

Demon, you do have a slight accent..I vet when you get going you talk reaallly fast don't you? You have a "city" voice lol..

amp23 02-21-2012 12:08 PM

Subbing to watch the videos later! :) I agree it's pee-can too...

MHFoundation Quarters 02-21-2012 12:19 PM

Funny idea! Though I have to say Amber, I expected more twang lol! I have good friends in Mississippi and I LOVE talking to them over the phone to hear their accents. Morgan got counted off on her states test thanks to their influence, she spelled it "Missippi" and read it that way too :lol:

I'll admit to being a northerner that says pah-con....but does it cancel out if I also say y'all? :wink:

Ink 02-21-2012 12:23 PM

You left Louisville off the list! "Foreigners" pronounce it Loo-E-ville when it's supposed to be lou-uh-vull. The "i" is silent you see, and yet for some reason Versailles is ver-sales and not ver-sigh :lol: This sounds like fun. I might have to do this when I get home, although my southern usually only comes out if I'm excited or upset about something.

Sunny 02-21-2012 12:32 PM

Born and raised Alabamian..... It's pah-con. :lol:

I actually don't know anyone who says pee-can unless they are intentionally trying to sound southern.

Ramen noodles needs to be on the list. It's ray-men, not rah-men. :lol:

Also, most people "down here" say foil as "full" and oil as "ull." Myself included.Posted via Mobile Device