The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What Color Would Look Best On A Paint? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-color-would-look-best-paint-113897/)

MooseDragon 02-21-2012 03:35 PM

What Color Would Look Best On A Paint?

I didnt know where else to put this, so here is goes! This is a wierd question, but I dont want to regret my tack color choices! :oops:

I am going to start buying tack for a brown and white paint, and I was wondering what color I should go with. If you have a paint, or have seen/ride/know one, please let me know what color looks best on them. Pictures are great too! Mia is a very stocky paint too, with a huge muscular neck, if that helps. The tack would be western. Thanks! :D

CLaPorte432 02-21-2012 03:39 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Could you post a picture of the horse your buying for? I'd like to see how much color is on him compared to how much white.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-21-2012 03:40 PM

Check out the color wheel on hobby horse's website.

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Description

MooseDragon 02-21-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLaPorte432 (Post 1371688)
Could you post a picture of the horse your buying for? I'd like to see how much color is on him compared to how much white.

I cant pst pics right now, but she is about half and half, with just a little more white on one side. Almost bald face, kind of a very large blaze.

DraftyAiresMum 02-21-2012 09:31 PM

You "dress" a paint just like you dress a solid horse. However, patterns tend to look a bit too busy on most paints with loud coloring, so solid colors (or as near solid as you can get) are generally better.

The colors that would look good with a brown paint depends on what shade of brown. Using the color chart/wheel/link MHFoundationQuarters gave you would probably be the best bet since we can't see the exact color of the horse.

MooseDragon 03-05-2012 06:04 PM

I have officially decided on turquoise, and have already started to buy and try stuff on! It looks great! Thanks for showing me that color wheel, and for all of the other advice. :D

CinderEve 03-05-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1371689)
Check out the color wheel on hobby horse's website.

Hobby Horse Clothing Co. - Description

Ohhh shiny website! Awesome!

palominolover 03-05-2012 06:59 PM

I was just about to suggest turquoise. Good choice =)