The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So.. its my mum's big 5-0 tomorrow...

927 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DuffyDuck 
#1 ·
This time last year my mum was in hospital, had been for two weeks. She was finally diagnosed with PMR- polymyalgia rheumatica. Despite it being a milder version, she has good days and bad days, and this winter has hit her hard.

As she can't drink ( a rather favourite past time ;) ) or go out in the sun for a holiday etc, I have a fairly big surprise for her.

Living abroad, you don't get the choice of things you get in the UK, and my mum adores Aero minty hot chocolate, which they recently stopped selling at our shop... so I managed to get a friend to bring three tubs over from the UK when he was on course!

And then.. best bit... in May, Apassionata is out here!!!! I have bought a ticket for my parents and myself to go and see (don't even ask how much that cost - I am now poor) I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but its amazing.. so excited to see her face tomorrow :D

#6 ·
They gonna be in Balto in June. I'll look into tickets. :)

DD, I think you mom is very lucky to have you as a daughter!

Reactions: Allison Finch
#7 ·
Awh, thanks Kitten!

Since she's been ill my domestic skills have evolved ten fold... I can make pretty much anything now- full roast, cakes, pies... you name it.. there is a 60% chance I can make it haha!

Saying that, I just put a pizza in the over as we got back so late from my lesson.

Tickets are...fairly expensive, but I like to think its because all their horses get the best possible care ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.