The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Show Coats? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/show-coats-114062/)

LindseyHunterx24 02-22-2012 09:57 PM

Show Coats?

I'm looking to buy a new hunter jumper show coat but I cant seem to find one I like at all. The one I have doesnt look right on me. It's very baggy when I wear it but it fits. i'm petite so finding a show coat that looks nice and fits well is hard for me. So what show coat do you use?

countercanter 02-25-2012 04:18 PM

I have a navy Ariat coat and a charcoal RJ Classic. I have been looking into getting one of those new softshell coats that have becoming more popular. Just looking for the right one (and the right deal haha).

Soaring over the sun 315 02-28-2012 07:01 AM

I agree I'm looking for one for my fist show and every jacket my parents say it's to expensive so today my dad is gonna take me to see some today after school!

Soaring over the sun 315 02-28-2012 07:04 AM

I'm new to this and confused!

MHFoundation Quarters 02-28-2012 08:18 AM

I always had trouble finding a hunt coat with a good fit. I've always been bigger up top and small waisted (well not so much these days lol!) Fortunately, my grandmother went to Vogue's millinery school for tailoring/seamstress and she customed everything for me growing up.

You might look into having someone tailor your current or new jacket if you get one. They can take it in or let it out in the right places, sides, darts in front, etc. Nothing feels as good as a coat that's been tailor fitted.

mildot 02-28-2012 09:21 AM

Take your jacket to a tailor.

countercanter 02-28-2012 09:25 AM

I have never been able to find a coat that fits perfectly. I have always had my coats tailored.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ink 02-28-2012 09:59 AM

I just ordered one of these On Course Ladies Ashby Show Coat - Statelinetack.com

Mostly because they were the cheapest I could find with decent reviews, but man does it fit like a glove! I tried a couple on when we were at the Quarter Horse Congress last fall and all of them were too baggy through the middle. I was counting on having to get this one tailored after I got it, but the fit is perfect. They do run a bit small though. I had to order a size up.

LindseyHunterx24 03-01-2012 09:24 AM

Thanks everyone! Still trying to find the right one! But my mom said we can just buy like 4 or 5 show coats online and try them out when they to my house and just send the ones I don't like back and keep the ones that I do like(:

equiniphile 03-01-2012 12:24 PM

I have a Devon-Aire that I like because it fits someone who's thinner but still tall. I also have an English-made Pytchley that I absolutely adore!