The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Bitter Sweet (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/bitter-sweet-114092/)

Logibear24 02-23-2012 09:15 AM

Bitter Sweet

Well it is with a heavy heart I am trying to re home my Logan man. I love him so much and I spent much of sunday crying. Finaly learned what is going on with the poor boy :( After paying money for a vets professional opinion, attempting to find out all I could about him and trying chiropractors and different things we learned Logan has injured his shoulder 3 years ago when racing. After the injury instead of his trainer getting him medical attention he continued racing him 15 TIMES!!! All of which he finished about 13lngths behind every one. Poor guy :cry: And then was put into a pasture for a year where his shoulder injury "healed" to the current state it is in. When I bought him he appeared sound so we beleive I must have disturbed his injury making him sore every once in a while. I have been interviewing people ( feel bad for these poor people :lol: im like a CSI investigator trying to find him the perfect home) to give him a loving home. I had another vets opinion on him and she said he needs to be a pasture bum for a while and then he can start giving small children quick rides around the pasture but that is it. No heavy ring work or long trail rides. I love this boy to death and really hate to see him go. He is such a suck and I feel so bad for him he really deserves a loving home.

Any way while I am trying to find Logan a loving home I have been looking at other horses to replace him. I finaly found the perfect little girl (and she is what I originaly wanted before I found Logan). Im told she is 14.2 hh (but when I saw her I think she is closer to 15hh), 3 year old quarter horse mare who I will be calling Tease. Cant wait until this girl comes home next weekend and I will get more pictures for you guys :)

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...2424/tease.jpg

Taffy Clayton 02-23-2012 11:05 AM

I am so sorry for your troubles, I know the pain you are experiencing.

That said:

The only way you are going to guarantee that your beloved horse has a loving home for the rest of it's life is to keep him yourself or put him to sleep. I would personally not take the chance of rehoming him in this economy. Spend the $250 and sleep at night.

Good luck to you!

AndreaSctlnd 02-23-2012 11:14 AM

Is there no way you cant keep him? Your new girl would love to have a pasture buddy I am sure.

Logibear24 02-23-2012 11:18 AM

I would love to keep him as a pasture buddy, beleive me I already tried to make it work but its just not going to be possible at this time. The barn I am using only has one stall at the moment. I have found a really nice family for him with a daughter. They have two other horses and have a farm. We will be signing a contract that I get first right of refusal if they decide they dont want him any more and he will be right around the corner :) So makes me feel better.

AndreaSctlnd 02-23-2012 11:49 AM

Well that is good. I hope he has a great life and you do too. It is hard sometimes to be an adult...I know I never asked for this! LOL

Logibear24 02-23-2012 12:06 PM

Yes it definetly does! My friend and I were just talking about how we wish we could go back to the high school days XD we thought we had it hard then. Blah!

Country Woman 02-23-2012 12:27 PM

I am happy you found a loving home for your horse
good luck with him
good luck with your new horse

Logibear24 02-23-2012 06:15 PM

Thanks country woman :)
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLovinLady 02-23-2012 08:35 PM

Sorry that you had to part with Logan, but congrats on the new horse.

Country Woman 02-24-2012 07:37 PM

How is the new horse working out