The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   SoCal Riders! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/socal-riders-114153/)

loveyourhorse 02-23-2012 08:40 PM

SoCal Riders!

I really wasn't sure where to post this so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot...

I'm currently working on getting my horse physically fit in hopes of starting to show soon. My question to all you SoCal riders is where can I find local shows? Normally I would ask a trainer this question but I have not started working with one yet because I want to make sure my mare is physically fit first so we don't waste time with a trainer on basic fitness training.

I'm just looking for shows to go watch for now and get a feel for it all again. I'm not new to showing, but I grew up on the east coast and I don't have a large circle of horse friends or connection here in CA so I'm a little bit "stuck". I'm still a bit undecided as to what direction I want to go in as far as discipline so I will most likely start in the hunter ring since I always showed hunter/jumpers in the past. I would like to check out some eventing stuff too since that seems to be a new interest of mine!

Any replies are appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

LostDragonflyWings 02-24-2012 03:01 AM

The LA Equestrian Center in Burbank has shows. I haven't shown there (just went to watch), but I think they have hunters, jumpers, dressage, etc. There are also places in OC I can look up if you are in that area.

Eventing wise, I know of Flintridge in La Canada and Galaway Downs in Temecula. I have shown at Flintridge. I think they also have hunter and jumper shows there too.

If you pick up a Horse Trader magazine (or go on their website), you can look up some upcoming shows too.

loveyourhorse 02-24-2012 10:23 AM

Thank you so much, that was tons of help! :)
Posted via Mobile Device