The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   I'd like to buy some Aussie saddle pads, girths (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/id-like-buy-some-aussie-saddle-114170/)

deineria 02-23-2012 11:06 PM

I'd like to buy some Aussie saddle pads, girths

I am looking to buy a few Aussie saddle pads, if anyone has them for sale - also girths.

Send pics and prices to tinia@lucasfarmwv.com :)

Thanks!

Wallaby 02-23-2012 11:16 PM

Maybe you've looked into this option, but I've found that a dressage sized english pad fits just fine (with about 5-6 inches to spare) under my 17in aussie saddle.
I had to remove the billet strap thingy (it was just annoying to have that flapping around) but other than that, I've found that an english pad is a really viable option for my saddle.

deineria 02-23-2012 11:25 PM

thanks!

DraftyAiresMum 02-23-2012 11:34 PM

I'm in the process of making a pad for my Aussie saddle. Mainly because I want a specific pattern (red and black lumberjack plaid :lol: ), but also because it's cheaper. I got the material and everything to make my pad for about $20 total. The cheapest I've found a dressage pad is $30 plus shipping and they usually only come in black or white because those are the "accepted" dressage pad colors. The cheapest Aussie pad I've found is $40 plus shipping (and they don't come in the red I want).

Joe4d 02-24-2012 12:13 AM

I have several pads and girths, what size girth ? I have a firehose girth, and a canvas, fleece lined girth, and a neoprene waffle weave girth.
For pads I have a neo prene air grip and a fleece pad with pockets. the pocket one is ok, The neoprene one is good for shorter rides or barrel type movements as it is pretty grippy. I never had problems with it, but since I got into endurance I quit using it as I am afraid it will gripp too much.

deineria 02-24-2012 02:01 AM

We are a horse rescue group, and we usually ride the horses in one of a few Aussie saddle we have - the horses range in size, so girths of various sizes would work, depending on the horses we have in resuce at a certain time.

Joe4d 02-24-2012 02:52 AM

For pads I have, a horse .com item number AIA20 used, AIA20, nearly new, and AIA02 used once, this one from national bridle shop,Non-Slip Australian/Trooper Pad used will ship em all for $140
Girths, $10 each, 2 (horse .com) E000439, a 34 and a 33, new came with the saddles, a used air grip nylon type, 33 I believe, and a 34" fire hose canvas type. Will ship them all in a flat rate box for $10. So all four for $50 shipped.

Joe4d 02-24-2012 02:56 AM

for that matter I have a Australian outrider leather saddle black 19 " seat used I'll sell for $220 shipped. Horse.com #AKB03

deineria 02-24-2012 03:14 AM

Joe4d - could you send photos of all - also with a price if I bought the entire lot -

tinia@lucasfarmwv.com

Joe4d 02-24-2012 04:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
most of this stuff hads only been onb a horse a couple times, the neoprene mesh girth has been used a few times and the nickle plated d rings are tarnished. The pads are in very good shape also.
The above prices are firm, they are only about half of retail plus a bit for shipping.