Not open for further replies.

What are your goals for 2012

3K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  dee 
#1 · (Edited)
This year I want to

A- Lose more weight
B-Get out hacking again
C- Learn to canter
D- Buy a little horsebox so I can start showing my Ponies/ or go to nice scenic place for hacking.
E- do a walk trot dressage test

List what you want to achieve this year..........

#2 ·
  • 1. Lose more weight - going to WW and doing well at this moment.:)
  • 2. Log 600+ miles on the trail. Was off to a good start in January and the weather has held me up this month!
  • 3. Get more confidence to be able to ride in an endurance ride.
  • 4. Haul to a few new trails for overnight weekend trips.
  • 5. Work with my horse, Biscuit, to further his training.

#3 ·
My biggest priority atm is to find a place to move my horse that is closer to where I am living, and finish her up. She is a reliable mount but I wouldn't call her "well trained" and due to some saddle issues/unevenness in my body and landing on my head at the canter more than once, we haven't quite mastered that gait. I also need to take some weight off of her, which means riding more! Get 30 days on my gelding... just get 'er done, I guess!

#5 ·
1) build my new saddle - this is goign to be one heck of a project!!! I am buying a tree and all the hardware, but doing all the work myself!

2) Finish my cart restoration and start driving agai

3) have a lot of fun with my horse

4) help my daughter get her filly's ground done to be started in 2013

5) spinal surgery

#7 ·
This is a good idea, I think that I need to set goals for my self so that I have something to work towards!

* Be healthier- reduce junk food, exercise more, and loosing weight would be good but as long as I feel more energetic and have higher self esteem I think Ill be happy
* Trailer out to the LT to ride for the equivalence of once a week
* Ride 2/3 times a week at the house and work on trotting and cantering
* Focus on school and maintain a good GPA
* Don't stress out about work
I really just want to be more confident as a rider. I realize that my mare isn't getting the attention she needs, so it's no help to me when she is misbehaving...

#9 ·
1. not break any bones riding. In 2010 arm when horse rolled over backwards on me, and 2011, there was this girl......= two broke ribs.
2. related but not identical to the above, fall off less. Anybody ever fall off a horse that wasnt moving ?
3. Complete my first 50 mile AERC ride.

#11 ·
I ran a 5k this fall. I was hit with a stomach flu about 25 minutes before I left... but still insisted on running. BEST experience ever. My family, my boyfriend, and several of my friends were at the finish line cheering me on. I can't wait for the weather to clear up to start running again. I really loved being able to push my body in that way!

#13 ·
I want to

1) lose some excess weight so I feel more energized
2) fall off less, and yes Joe I have fallen off a horse that was standing still, I was dismounting at the time...hilarious..and embarrassing..
3)ride more! camp more!

#17 ·
1. Slim down to at least 180 pounds for my first show June 2 so I look good in my custom show shirt

2. Slim down to at least 160 pounds by my Dressage show in September so I fit my 16.5" Dressage saddle. :lol:

3. Run a 5K

4. Fix my crookedness issues and finally get Jynx going nice at the canter in both directions without problems

5. Save for my trip to Mexico next January!

#20 ·
1. Lose some weight so I can get on my horse easier and feel better about myself.
2. Get a better paying job and hopefully one I enjoy more than the current
3. Go to more trail rides now that I have my own trailer
4. Get more trail buddies, so many people at my barn just want to show
5. Work on my balance at the gallop
6. Establish a good headset at the canter
7. Hopefully build a better relationship with the trainer at my barn so I feel comfortable taking lessons again. I want to learn more and she's nice, but I think it's just her style of teaching that leaves me a little intimidated.

#22 ·
I hope to lose enough weight to get back where I was last summer, and keep going from there. I've been told (even by members of this forum) that I'm too heavy for my girl, so riding is not an option at the moment, but maybe by next year? I was down to 265 - 270 last summer, so I have 27 pounds to lose by April or May. Weightloss is very hard for me due to underlying health issues, but I am determined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.