The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Roping (http://www.horseforum.com/roping/)
-   -   Branding Calves...pic heavy (http://www.horseforum.com/roping/branding-calves-pic-heavy-114239/)

COWCHICK77 02-24-2012 06:32 PM

Branding Calves...pic heavy
 
50 Attachment(s)
We went to a friends place the other day and roped about 30 calves to vaccinate and cut bull calves.
Thought I would share a couple of pics.


1. My father in law, Bob, riding Gracie got one necked. Jake on Zorro.
2. Jake heeling
3. Jake's over the neck shot.
4. Jake necking
5. J.R. necking, first time the paint mare has ever been roped on.
6. Jake necking, J.R. heeling
7. Me and Stilts necking
8. Me and Stilts getting one stopped
9. Getting ready to get short
10. Stilts towing, J.R. heeling

QHriderKE 02-24-2012 06:48 PM

Awesome! We don't neck any around here, unless they're huge. :P Cool to see.

Skyseternalangel 02-24-2012 07:23 PM

Ack that second-to-last picture was the most intense. But the rest were very cool!

COWCHICK77 02-24-2012 07:28 PM

50 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by QHriderKE (Post 1377084)
Awesome! We don't neck any around here, unless they're huge. :P Cool to see.

That's a bummer, its fun! Do you guys snag and drag?
I guess it just depends on where you go on how people do it.

We were just doing some clean up and there was only 4 of us, so we would do either 2 or 3 up roping, one on the ground to re-string feet and who ever didn't catch get off and help...fun day...some of them we roped twice...ya know just in case :wink: tee he

boots 02-24-2012 10:31 PM

The sun was blinding in those pics, and the green stuff on the ground was a distraction. Other than being really jealous of your weather...

Kewl pics!

MHFoundation Quarters 02-24-2012 10:40 PM

Looks like a good time! I can't rope to save my life, though I do throw a rope off of every horse I ride...on good days I can catch the stationary steer :lol:

AmazinCaucasian 02-25-2012 12:08 AM

Great pics, great lookin horses!

COWCHICK77 02-25-2012 10:32 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by boots (Post 1377335)
The sun was blinding in those pics, and the green stuff on the ground was a distraction. Other than being really jealous of your weather...

Kewl pics!


LOL! I bet! It was 75 that day, 80 the next, then yesterday it didn't get over 50....but considering where you are at would be happy with 50 and sun!

COWCHICK77 02-25-2012 10:35 AM

50 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1377348)
Looks like a good time! I can't rope to save my life, though I do throw a rope off of every horse I ride...on good days I can catch the stationary steer :lol:

It is a start! It is the ones that are standing still that are the hardest to catch.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-25-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWCHICK77 (Post 1377874)
It is a start! It is the ones that are standing still that are the hardest to catch.

Maybe I should come visit for some lessons :wink: Something I'd like to be able to do just to have it in my tool belt but around here the occasion for practical use is pretty minimal. The most I use a rope for on a normal basis is to drag logs and they are pretty easy to catch :lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0