The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   stretching?? (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/stretching-114295/)

Jumper12 02-25-2012 11:43 AM

stretching??

do any of you do stretches and do you find them helpful?

BoldComic 03-04-2012 02:23 PM

I do back stretches but not just before riding. I do them every morning. BUT I have noticed that they help a lot when I ride because I used to get a sore lower back after riding. My friend (massage therapist) told me if I would stretch it out every day it wouldn't tense up when I was riding. She was right. I also stretch and ice my wrists every day since carpal tunnel is sneaking up on me and riding aggrivates it.

HorsesAreMyPassion 03-05-2012 09:09 PM

Yoga is really great for stretching and loosening up. Yes, it was very helpful when I was doing it regularly, I haven't been doing it at all this winter and notice a huge difference. After reading your post and writing this, I'm thinking I really need to get back into the routine!

QHriderKE 03-09-2012 12:52 PM

I'm 16 and stretch every morning. It builds muscle, which is awesome, and get's all the kinks out before I actually do something. I normally stretch my hips as soon as I get into the saddle (grabbing my lower leg and pulling it up as far as I can get it). It relaxes my seat and helps with my hips, which hate me.

VT Trail Trotters 03-09-2012 03:15 PM

I dont stretch, thing closet is me cracking my knuckles. And then me going and doing the push your back and it will crack sometimes if its hurting. And usually when i sit its on a vertebra and it will pop back to place. I got horrible posture walking and sitting.

VanillaBean 03-09-2012 03:15 PM

I should...but I never do. No wonder I am a walking pain magnet.

VanillaBean 03-09-2012 03:16 PM

Lol VTT, I am a craaaaazy back, knuckle, neck, knee, foot and really anything cracker. Its bad.

VT Trail Trotters 03-09-2012 03:52 PM

VB! Thats nuts! I can also crack my ankles too. And my knee is bad so im always in bad pain.

VanillaBean 03-09-2012 06:10 PM

Yeah everyone tells me it's bad for me...eh.

midnighthighway 03-27-2012 02:06 AM

i have to stretch during xcountry/track but i end up doing it all the time. it feels quite amazing afterwards and i feel all flexible too (yet no not really anymore flexible then before). eww.. i hate cracking knuckles.. just grosses me out.. i'll crack my back occasionally when needed and my knee just cracks whenever it feels like it wants to.