The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   A very curly Curly. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/very-curly-curly-114442/)

Crossover 02-26-2012 07:57 PM

A very curly Curly.

3 Attachment(s)
So I traded one of my mares for a curly... don't ask me why. He's the first gelding I've ever owned. He's suppose to be very nice trail guy who can be ridden infrequently and still behave (which is what my time schedule needs). Poor boy has no tail but has enough sass to make up for it. He's also a bit of a chunk. Only 6yrs old so there's lots of miles ahead for this boy.

myhorsesonador 02-26-2012 07:58 PM

Aww I think he's cute, even if he is a fatty with no tail :P

redape49 02-26-2012 08:00 PM

:lol: his tail! :lol: he is a pretty boy! Can't wait to see pics of him when he trims down :D

waresbear 02-26-2012 08:03 PM

I love his tail, makes him looks like a wild thing! Enjoy this horse, curlies are very special.

HorseLovinLady 02-26-2012 08:34 PM

Very cute!!

CLaPorte432 02-26-2012 08:39 PM

Well hello fellow Curly owner! We caught another one! Curlies are great, once you get to know him, you'll think he's the sweetest horse ever.

He is quite fat! He's also what you would call an "extreme" curly. They are super Curly in the winter time, and will shed out completely in the summer. His tail will probably lose the little bit of hair it does have, mane and forelock will shed out, and chances are he's going to be bald in several spots on his body. (Shoulders, butt, neck) Any place he can itch really easily on something.

Flyspray, flyspray, flyspray!

Do you know what his breeding is? My Curly's grandsire is Bad Warrior, and comes from the Earnie Hammerick lines. Very old school. :-)

Crossover 02-26-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLaPorte432 (Post 1379979)
Well hello fellow Curly owner! We caught another one! Curlies are great, once you get to know him, you'll think he's the sweetest horse ever.

He is quite fat! He's also what you would call an "extreme" curly. They are super Curly in the winter time, and will shed out completely in the summer. His tail will probably lose the little bit of hair it does have, mane and forelock will shed out, and chances are he's going to be bald in several spots on his body. (Shoulders, butt, neck) Any place he can itch really easily on something.

Flyspray, flyspray, flyspray!

Do you know what his breeding is? My Curly's grandsire is Bad Warrior, and comes from the Earnie Hammerick lines. Very old school. :-)

Afraid this boy didn't come with any papers... though he looks bred well enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he had some somewhere. I just may write the previous owner for more info.
I plan on buying him a full body flysuit with flymask.

QOS 02-26-2012 11:03 PM

He is a chunky bunky but what a cutie all the same...Hahahaha you can get him fly swisher and tie on that tail!!! JK!

Skyseternalangel 02-27-2012 04:01 AM

I love that wild look in his eyes! :P

He's such a plump muffin. It'll be fun seeing him all fit and cozy home :)

Logibear24 02-27-2012 12:36 PM

Aw what a chunk!! I think his tail adds character :)