The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   Dusty's training thread! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/dustys-training-thread-114448/)

MangoRoX87 02-26-2012 08:19 PM

Dusty's training thread!

I had another thread over a video from Dusty at the trainers, this will be the thread for his training in general:)

I got to go down to Atoka OK today to see him, three hour drive. Charles had me start out riding his mare and another filly e is riding. Both had been sorted heavily recently so they were a bit high strung. We went to lunch, then came back for my ride on Dusty. I was slightly nervous after rising the other two; I couldn't get a good rythm with them and they were quite pissy. But I was sooo exited when I lunged Dusty...he looked like some professional reiner. He is doing amazing!!! Charles rrreally likes him. When I rode him I was able to ride him completely without rein contact and he kept a nice headset and a rounded back. Charles is leaning towards reining for him, but he forgot how much Wimpy he has on his bottom side, so he is going to see how he does with the flag and mechanical cow. I was really hoping to get a video of Dusty and me but was in my own little world while riding him:) Charles really thinks he is going to go places, and I'm extremely excited!:)
I'm not sure if I will be able to get back down there between now and spring break, but I will spend half of the break at Charles house, then go with him to Texas for 2 days for a clinic he is putting on.
Updates will come as I get them!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 02-27-2012 08:35 AM

And Dusty is loving it there...he gets turned out with all the mares and talks all day when they leave!!
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 02-27-2012 10:20 AM

I'm just kinda adding as I think of it:P

Charles said Dusty was a very quick learner, and he only had to get at him once.

When Dusty lopes, it's like he throws his hind end under him and takes these huge steps with his front end...I make it sound crappy looking, but he has really pretty movement:)

mystykat 02-27-2012 11:45 AM

That's so great!! Can't wait to see some videos!

MangoRoX87 02-27-2012 01:12 PM

Thanks!! I'll be sure to get them next time I am there!!!

I did take a picture, but it makes him look really underweight. He has lost some weight and Charles is bumping up his feed.
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 02-27-2012 01:14 PM

Sounds like he's coming along well!

MangoRoX87 02-27-2012 01:20 PM

Very much so!!! He is really responsive and I was riding him with some serious droop in the reins. He is progressing so well, I've even started picking out show clothes. I need to calm down!!!!!!! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 02-27-2012 01:39 PM

Nah, keep on shopping. That will help you keep your goal in sight. :)

MangoRoX87 02-27-2012 04:21 PM

True:)
Posted via Mobile Device

COWCHICK77 02-27-2012 04:40 PM

That's awesome Mango!
I think a owning a horse that is talented,makes you excited and can't wait to ride is one of the best feelings ever.