The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Sewing patterns (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/sewing-patterns-114488/)

Tayz 02-27-2012 12:00 AM

Sewing patterns

I'm interested in them but im not allowed to buy the suitabilty one online :/ my mum and I want to try and make a rug for my 16.2 tb. Why? because we want a project to do together and bond abit more and my horse ruins rugs very succesfully every few months.
So does anyone have any tips at all? otherwise we will just pull his old rug appart to use a pattern. We want to make a few day rugs probably and one winter for the cooler seaosns coming.
Any tips at all would be appreciated

DraftyAiresMum 02-27-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tayz (Post 1380361)
I'm interested in them but im not allowed to buy the suitabilty one online :/ my mum and I want to try and make a rug for my 16.2 tb. Why? because we want a project to do together and bond abit more and my horse ruins rugs very succesfully every few months.
So does anyone have any tips at all? otherwise we will just pull his old rug appart to use a pattern. We want to make a few day rugs probably and one winter for the cooler seaosns coming.
Any tips at all would be appreciated

I would say the biggest tip is to make sure your sewing machine can handle heavy-duty sewing. If you're making a winter rug, you'll want it out of heavy-duty nylon, plus the binding for the edge is thick, so you'll need a very heavy-duty machine to make it through those layers.

Country Woman 02-27-2012 12:03 AM

Good luck with your project

Tayz 02-27-2012 12:51 AM

Thanks guys and its a very good sewing machine my mum has patched up thick things on it before =] I'm thinking since my boy is usually light blue im gonna try and see if we can make the colour and pattern a blue colour, like baby blue on a dark brown horse.

DebSmith 02-27-2012 09:28 AM

I love the Suitability patterns! I have made many items from them. Saddleseat suits, a hunt coat, horse sleezy's, polo's, stall curtains, many western show shirts and even a pair of western chaps. They are very simple to follow and turn out great! Can I ask why you are not able to order from them?

Tayz 03-02-2012 04:42 AM

My mum wont let me spend money online. shes one of those people that just wont

Allison C 03-02-2012 11:44 AM

I'm pretty sure you buy the suitability patterns mail order too.
Posted via Mobile Device