The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Three sentenced in horse soring case. (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/three-sentenced-horse-soring-case-114654/)

gunslinger 02-28-2012 10:16 AM

Three sentenced in horse soring case.

One actually go jail time.

Three Sentenced for 'Soring Horses' | horses, soring, horse - WTVC NewsChannel 9: Chattanooga News, Weather, Radar, Sports, Lottery

Corporal 02-28-2012 10:22 AM

It's about TIME!!! Now that there has been a legal precedant set (by this case), it will become easier to prosecute this type of abuse.

Joe4d 02-28-2012 03:59 PM

now just need to prosecute the judges and show organizers that are accomplices.

Corporal 02-28-2012 04:05 PM

Agreed!

happy123 02-28-2012 04:31 PM

Yay! They deserve it.
its terrible what they do to those poor horses.

MHFoundation Quarters 02-28-2012 05:00 PM

That's positive news! I'm with Joe, now they need to prosecute those who create the need for such a sick practice.

ponyboy 02-28-2012 06:15 PM

Good news, but I don't like the way the article implies that the entire gaited horse industry is like this.

Joe4d 02-28-2012 07:02 PM

the entire gaited show world is. Why I wont have anything to do with it.
"Oh we are against soring"
'oh lets create a scoring system that specifically rewards it."
Bunch of d@#mn hypocrites.

I think I am gonna start a sport that gives cash prizes to people that have horses that walk on three legs, but I am against wacking them in the fourth leg with a baseball bat.

MacabreMikolaj 02-28-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponyboy (Post 1383401)
Good news, but I don't like the way the article implies that the entire gaited horse industry is like this.

Not the entire gaited horse industry, but the big lick TWH, yes. Normally I am against exaggeration but after watching how grotesque and unnatural it is to turn the normally quiet and lovely TWH walk into the monstrosity we see, I truly do not believe you can achieve that horrific gait without soring. One of the prosecuted makes mention of it and we hear it over and over again. The entire industry needs to be shot straight down the drain. I'm not referring to flat shod showing (and even THEN you sometimes hear of soring), but this "big lick" industry is an effing joke.

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-28-2012 07:21 PM

FINALLY!! I'm all for NATURALLY gaited horses doing what they were BORN to do, but chemically and/or mechanically forcing them to do it is just plain WRONG. I'm sure you've seen the "Big Lick" horses...that basically look like they sitting down on their hocks and dragged themselves along...ugh to me that's just ridiculous, nothing pretty about it!