The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Reinsman pad (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/reinsman-pad-114736/)

BoldComic 02-28-2012 11:57 PM

Reinsman pad

Has anyone used this pad? I have a high withered horse and an endurance style aussie saddle.

http://www.horse.com/item/reinsman-o...d-pad/E002501/

Also I have a medium color saddle so I'm thinking the brown or carmel color. Bay horse. Thanks.

SouthernTrails 02-29-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoldComic (Post 1384228)
Has anyone used this pad? I have a high withered horse and an endurance style aussie saddle.

Reinsman Original Microsuede Contoured Pad - Horse.com

Also I have a medium color saddle so I'm thinking the brown or carmel color. Bay horse. Thanks.

Not a fan of the memory foam inside it, nor a fan of the tacky tack bottom of those pads.

These do not come in colors, but many people I know love them, good solid long lasting and easy to clean

Tucker Felt Full Contour Cut Back Western Saddle Pad

Joe4d 02-29-2012 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
be ok for arena work, but it is too grippy for distance work, not to mention it wont fit your saddle at all.
Measure your saddle, this is what you are looking for. the 735=93 model
Premium Southwest Saddle Pads for Tucker Saddles ptl40-sw it is what I use.

SouthernTrails 02-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe4d (Post 1384496)
be ok for arena work, but it is too grippy for distance work, not to mention it wont fit your saddle at all.
Measure your saddle, this is what you are looking for. the 735=93 model
Premium Southwest Saddle Pads for Tucker Saddles ptl40-sw it is what I use.

Nice Link, Joe

I am bookmarking it for reference :D

BoldComic 02-29-2012 11:33 AM

Okay I was wondering about the tacky-too stuff. Thanks for the link!

Delfina 02-29-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 1384477)
Not a fan of the memory foam inside it, nor a fan of the tacky tack bottom of those pads.

Can I ask why you don't like the tacky bottom? I have a couple of the tacky too pads (no memory foam) but they are just sitting around as I don't own a Western saddle (other than a midget kid one that nobody uses). I do plan on buying a Western saddle some day, just wondering if I should hang onto these pads or get rid of them and buy something else later on.

SouthernTrails 02-29-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delfina (Post 1384702)
Can I ask why you don't like the tacky bottom? I have a couple of the tacky too pads (no memory foam) but they are just sitting around as I don't own a Western saddle (other than a midget kid one that nobody uses). I do plan on buying a Western saddle some day, just wondering if I should hang onto these pads or get rid of them and buy something else later on.

Most of the Tacky Tack style pads have the rubber material perforated, I have found under hard riding conditions the horses hair can get pulled by this design.

Pads with solid rubber bottoms are better but but the drawback is they can create too much heat during intense workouts and during the summer.

Many want the rubber material because of the idea that can make the saddle more secure, but many times it is because the Saddle is not fitting properly.

I like felt pads bottom pads as a 1st choice or solid felt like a 5 star, fleece as a second choice as some pads use a very cheap fleece which is very slippery compared to higher quality fleece.