The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Friesians vs. Andalusians! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/friesians-vs-andalusians-114755/)

kayleeloveslaneandlana 02-29-2012 08:58 AM

Friesians vs. Andalusians!

So like the title says what breed do you like? I personally like the Andalusian much more because they carry themselves much easier then a friesian. It makes them perfect for Dressage! I also love how hyper and kinda nervous they are, not sure why but I bond a lot more with sensitive horses.

Anyway post whatever one you prefer and why! :)

lilruffian 02-29-2012 04:38 PM

I like both breeds, but if i had to choose i would go with a Friesian. I love they're overall look and especially their color and feathering. They also carry themselves proudly and are nice, big, solid horses :)

HarleyWood 02-29-2012 05:09 PM

Friesians! ive ridden a morgan/friesian and he was amazing carried himself well, he was the size of a friesian but color of morgan and most of the time his back legs were out farther he was really sweet rode him for years!! he was really sweet and could do anything you asked! i love their look and when they are in the snow! i love Andalusions but i dont know much about them.

gingerscout 02-29-2012 05:11 PM

if were talking about what would dream to have andalusian.. fully.. silver/ dappled gray, but relistically what we will have is a friesian.. I owe my wife one.. and when money is right I am to make good on that promise.. in the next 3-4 years or so, when were both out of school and working

karebear444 02-29-2012 07:57 PM

I like them both, but honestly Fresians. There was one at the last place I boardered absolutely gorgeous and moved like a dream!

Lockwood 02-29-2012 08:27 PM

I Like both. Have ridden neither.
If given a choice to have only one (or someone to hand me a fat wad of cash to buy one) as fast as my little stubby legs could carry me I would go buy a Friesian Friesian Friesian!
I have been uber in love with the breed for so many reasons for more than 30 years.

Country Woman 02-29-2012 08:41 PM

Frisians because the breed comes from a province in The Netherlands
where my grandpa and mom came from Freisland

tinyliny 02-29-2012 08:53 PM

Fresians and Andalusians are like "apples and oranges".
Fresians are a draft breed, meant to pull. They are elegant and have a nice movement, but it is not one that is naturally good for collection.

Andalusians are almost the polar opposite; built for collection and not designed to pull a cart at all.

I would rather own an Andalusion, personally. Fresians are lovely to look at and seem to have nice temperaments, this is true.

cowgirl928 02-29-2012 10:08 PM

friesans! the feathering and temperament is a win! I also love how amazing they look all groomed and nicely done up. Andalusians are to fancy for me :) friesans have that elegance without even trying thing goin for them ;)

CLaPorte432 02-29-2012 10:18 PM

Both. LoL.

If I had to choose, I'd go with a dapple grey Andalusian.