The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Plus Sized Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/)
-   -   riding Zulu, the big lug! (http://www.horseforum.com/plus-sized-riders/riding-zulu-big-lug-115296/)

tinyliny 03-04-2012 10:46 PM

riding Zulu, the big lug!

I finally got a video of me riding Zulu. My videographer was pretty creative with the ballet moves with the camera, so hope you've had your dramamine. I posted this hear, 'cause I am a bit shy to post on the big, bad forum open area. My "evil twin" of a stomach has its' own rythm for posting the trot.

and more of the same

Feel free to critique. I feel certain every possible riding error that can be made is exhibited here, but I can only get better, right?

Walkamile 03-04-2012 11:07 PM

Tinylily, I am not qualified to really critique, but I know what pleases my eye. He looks like he moves well, and reaches nicely under him. You two look good together, good proportions, and I got a good workout watching you. Phew! Very well done! Just how tall is this guy? And , is he as smooth as he looks?

tinyliny 03-04-2012 11:31 PM

He is 17hh! And he is only smooth when he is rounding down and lifting his back, which is something I am only capable of attaining with him in sporadic amounts. When he wants to just hollow out and rush, his trot is like riding a jack hammer! It takes a lot of strenght to ride him, and after each 3 or 4 minutes of trotting, I had to stop and catch my breath. (I am just getting over that bronchial swamp of a cold going around, and am asthmatic on top).

I want to post one more short video of cantering on the right lead, which went really well. I didn't canter him at all for the first 4 or 5 times riding. I was just buffaloed by his size and though the canter isn't fast in the turn over, one is moving fast just because of the size of his strides.

newhorsemom 03-04-2012 11:32 PM

Not really qualified to critique but I think you have him moving quite nicely! Good job - the two of you look great. It was fun to watch!

tinyliny 03-04-2012 11:32 PM

one more, with some right lead cantering.

waresbear 03-04-2012 11:34 PM

Nice horse & nice ride. Looks like you were enjoying every minute of that. Is Zulu a lease horse? Great name too! Luv it!

tinyliny 03-04-2012 11:43 PM

I am leasing him, yes. I am so fortunate to be able to ride him. He's a really nice fellow and can move out like no tomorrow. He jumps like a tiger, but I dont' !

Allison Finch 03-05-2012 12:24 AM

Wow! I am impressed.

First, I love this horse. He is really nice. I would REALLY love trying my sidesaddle on him as he would be perfect. He is a nice mover and looks like he has a great temperment. When he is moving nicely forward, he is even better. Leg into hand...leg into hand.

And Tiny, your riding really impressed me too. You are a lovely rider. I am glad I saw this.

BTW, The second video wouldn't play for me. It said it was private.

tinyliny 03-05-2012 01:22 AM

FRom you, that is high praise indeed! Maybe I'll post on the general forum. It 's just that I am so rount in the belly area one cannot evern tell if I am sitting up correctly or not. But, if people can kind of ignore that, then that's cool.

I can't say enough nice things about Zulu.

drafts4ever 03-05-2012 03:54 AM

I loved it! You look great and so does he! I don't have a critique but great job!
Posted via Mobile Device