The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   $27 Saddle????? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/%2427-saddle-115521/)

Carolineeeee 03-06-2012 10:21 PM

$27 Saddle?????

1 Attachment(s)
so i just won the auction for this saddle on ebay. I think i got a great deal but i am not extremely knowledgeable with this brand. I dont show or jump so i will only be using this saddle for arena riding and the occasional trail ride.

Here is the link to the saddle with the sellers description:
J.A. BARNSBY ENGLISH SADDLE USED 18.5 INCH SEAT | eBay

What do you guys think? did i get a good deal??

mudpie 03-06-2012 10:27 PM

There's a reason this saddle was $27. :| Really not quality or worth much (hence the price you got it for) at all... not really great for riding in, either. But, hey, you're only out $27! :D

BansheeBabe 03-06-2012 10:32 PM

The brand is pretty good, but this one looks kinda old. Looks like it could be a close contact dressage saddle if there is such a thing ;)

Carolineeeee 03-06-2012 10:33 PM

My i ask what makes it unsuitable for riding in? also do you think it would be worth re-flocking? (ps. thanks for your response and opinions! much appreciated)

tinyliny 03-06-2012 10:34 PM

look at the metal "buttons" on it and read the writing . Does it say Crosby? or JAbarnsby. It looks like an old style dressage saddle. The wrinkles I see in the seat area indicate it could possibley, and I mean only possibley, have a broken tree.

If not, then you got a very good deal.

Carolineeeee 03-06-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BansheeBabe (Post 1395340)
The brand is pretty good, but this one looks kinda old. Looks like it could be a close contact dressage saddle if there is such a thing ;)

Thats exactly what i was thinking! even if it doesn't work out for riding its still an interesting saddle!

tinyliny 03-06-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpie (Post 1395328)
There's a reason this saddle was $27. :| Really not quality or worth much (hence the price you got it for) at all... not really great for riding in, either. But, hey, you're only out $27! :D

I have to disagree. The leather looks to be of a good quality to me. it is just an old style

tinyliny 03-06-2012 10:35 PM

Can you post any pictures of it at different angles? the ebay link has expired.

Carolineeeee 03-06-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1395346)
look at the metal "buttons" on it and read the writing . Does it say Crosby? or JAbarnsby. It looks like an old style dressage saddle. The wrinkles I see in the seat area indicate it could possibley, and I mean only possibley, have a broken tree.

If not, then you got a very good deal.

Someone asked that same question while the auction was still going and she assured them that it was not broken. So ill keep my fingers crossed! I really want it to work out since it is hard to find an 18.5 saddle!

Carolineeeee 03-06-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1395353)
Can you post any pictures of it at different angles? the ebay link has expired.

Ill try that right now. Just give me a couple minutes