The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   What do you think? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-think-115773/)

Lexiie 03-08-2012 10:53 PM

What do you think?

1 Attachment(s)
This is Alibi, my 9 year old Standardbred(: This was a while ago, so her neck, butt, and legs are bigger/more muscley <3 I think she might be on a slight slant. Maybe it's just me though

Rachel1786 03-09-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexiie (Post 1398876)
This is Alibi, my 9 year old Standardbred(: This was a while ago, so her neck, butt, and legs are bigger/more muscley <3 I think she might be on a slight slant. Maybe it's just me though

You need a better pic, I'll help you get one tomorrow :-)

Misty'sGirl 03-10-2012 02:48 AM

She looks like she's standing under herself but that could just be the pic. Her neck really needs muscle in this pic so I'd love to see some recent ones :)

lilruffian 03-11-2012 06:37 PM

A bit high in the wither and she appears as though she would be quite sickle hocked (something i've been noticing alot in certain Standardbreds...)
She looks like she's standing under herself in the front, but that could just be the photo.
Good shoulder and back. Neck needs muscle, but it's set nicely.
More pics would be great!

Lexiie 03-12-2012 08:23 PM

her being high withered is the pic. Her butt is definitely higher than her withers. I'll get more pictures tomorrow(:

arrowsaway 03-12-2012 09:50 PM

I usually don't care too much for the breed as a whole... I live near Amish country, and I see them all the time. They just look...dumpy, with big mule heads and ridiculous huge ears and awkward, gangly legs... But your girl is a quite the looker!!! She does appear a big sickle-hocked, but other than that.. I'd say she's beautiful!

Lexiie 03-12-2012 09:54 PM

Thank you! I've been wondering about the sickle-hocked thing.
My friend and I pointed out to my riding instructor who said "no it's just how she's standing atm"
Then she stands like that constantly. I think that says something.
If a horse is sickle-hocked. IS that bad/causing pain, and if it is, can anything be done?
I'm assuming not

TimberRidgeRanch 03-12-2012 10:23 PM

I love the standardbred breed. I was raised on the tracks and I find the STB to be a very willing eager to please breed. They are strong hinded great for jumping. Amish are not exactly the nicest people with horses ( Not All ) most look at them as machines. They work their horses hard!

STBs are actually gorgeous horses and like all breeds there are ugly gooses. I could show you some gorgeous stallions as well as geldings that would make anyone who loves horses druel.

Sinister 03-12-2012 10:28 PM

She's extremely attractive for a Standie, cute face! From the picture you've given she looks like she has big withers, a pretty nice shoulder angle, her face is a tad big, her legs look decent but can't really say for sure and maybe slightly long in the back or a short neck? Over all not bad looking at all!

Lexiie 03-12-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberRidgeRanch (Post 1404495)
I love the standardbred breed. I was raised on the tracks and I find the STB to be a very willing eager to please breed. They are strong hinded great for jumping. Amish are not exactly the nicest people with horses ( Not All ) most look at them as machines. They work their horses hard!

STBs are actually gorgeous horses and like all breeds there are ugly gooses. I could show you some gorgeous stallions as well as geldings that would make anyone who loves horses druel.

she jumps 2'6" with ease!
We've gone higher, but I don't like the ground we have to work on.