The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Breeding (/horse-breeding/)
-   -   And the fun begins...... (

MyLittlePonies 03-09-2012 11:50 AM

And the fun begins......
Well, now I'm waiting for them to call me back as to whether the vet will sell me any or I'll go to may local vet for Regumate. Will be starting Regumate on Wednesday for 14 days, then day 15 or March 28 she goes up for her Estromate shots, then on April 2 she'll be checked with an ultrasound and hopefully she has responded. This was given to me without me telling her about May I don't think she's in heat right now either. Nothing new about her. I think she was pulling my leg.
So far my bill is......$69.20 without boarding. Decing whether to just leave her up there on day 15 when she has Estromate till her breeding date which could be on a Tuesday or Thursday.

Note to self. Save $250 for vet deposite and pay a total of $315 Fed-X. Lol sweet!! Better get a higher paying job :D

MyLittlePonies 03-09-2012 04:14 PM

Appointment Monday at 11:30 am
Shes's got an appointment for mondat at 11:30 am for an exam and a ultrasound then maybe send home a schedule of Regumate...not the same as what I've been told this morning but the vet told her to tell me that I could AI my mare! Must of gotten in trouble because she wasn't raising her voice and had to stay neutral. Hmmm. Here's my newest bill instead.
$100 for exam, ultrasound, and Regumate included.
$100-120 for teeth floating. Probably not. Have to reschedule that. better bring $150 on Monday :) not too bad :)

nrhareiner 03-09-2012 06:42 PM

Why the Estromate shot? That is not needed. Put her on Regu mate for 15 days pull her off I would work it so she is coming off on a Mon or Tues but that is just me. She will come into season about 3 to 4 days latter and should be ready to breed on day 5. I have been doing it this way for years with very good success I do not give any extra shots. They are not needed 98% of the time. Also make sure she is past her transitional heat or you are just wasting your money.

If you thaught she was coming in few days ago and then nothing that is quite common this time of year around here and she is not trainsitional yet.

MyLittlePonies 03-09-2012 08:47 PM

That's what the vet said to do because we didn't know her cycle. She's getting an exam and an ultrasound. She wouldn't go on much farther on about the Estromate and why we needed it. She's suppost to be on regumate for 15 days. I didn't think we needed the extra shots either. I don't plan to waste money if I don't have to. I'm going to clearify with the vet with what I was told. Ill be reporting Friday as to what is going on with her.
Posted via Mobile Device

MyLittlePonies 03-12-2012 08:39 AM

Well, it's 8:32am here and it's about an hour and a half drive with a trailor :) appointment is at to see if she'll let us catch her after fence work being just completed after an unpredictable winter in which they had to be inside all winter. Not happy about it but it at least gave my gelding plenty of time for my gelding to heal after that horrible injury months ago that could of ended his riding career after being ran into the fence by another horse.....long story also the day we had to put down our 28 yr old mare :( just so much has happened and new things are spreading it's wings. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

MyLittlePonies 03-12-2012 10:28 PM

Breeding Wednesday!
Posted via Mobile Device

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome