The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Does anyone have experience with Mountain Horse Dress Boots? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/does-anyone-have-experience-mountain-horse-115912/)

Cinnys Whinny 03-10-2012 11:34 AM

Does anyone have experience with Mountain Horse Dress Boots?

Thinking of ordering a pair of Mountain Horse Dress Boots for showing and whatnot. I had Dublin Aristocrats, but unfortunately they seem to have a history with unreliable zippers.

I've been assured by Dover that the Mountain Horse Firenze doesn't have the issue. I've heard great things about them. Just wondering if anyone here has anything to say.

Missy May 03-10-2012 12:21 PM

No, but I have a pair of MH paddock boots...very durable, well made and comfy. I find them a lot heavier than they need to be, though, and not as comfy or " light" as Horseshoes, by comparison. Most of their riding boots don't have a slick bottom, which I won't ride w/o, but then, I don't ride english.
Not that this answers your Q, directly.:D

Cinnys Whinny 03-10-2012 02:41 PM

Thank you. My biggest worries are break in and the zipper. I'll watch out for the soles though :)

waresbear 03-10-2012 02:44 PM

I have the Dublins, no problem with the zippers so far, had them for a year. Just a little FYI, all zippers will eventually break, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, something I read in a popular nag mag.

MudPaint 03-10-2012 08:01 PM

I have their winter boots and plan on buying the ones you're considering at some point. LOL.

I know several who have their field boots and they break in really fast. The leather was really soft (much better than ariats IMO).

Cinnys Whinny 03-10-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waresbear (Post 1400875)
I have the Dublins, no problem with the zippers so far, had them for a year. Just a little FYI, all zippers will eventually break, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, something I read in a popular nag mag.

I know they eventually break, but I've had 2 pair where the zipper "popped" after only a week.... even though the calf was very loose. If you go onto the SmartPak website and read the reviews, about 75% of people have that issue and the lady at SmartPak says they have a huge return ratio on those boots, all with zipper issues.

DraftXDressage 03-12-2012 10:07 AM

I have a pair of MH dress boots (I believe the Sportive High Rider II model, but I may be misremembering) and a pair of the Ice Rider winter boots. Both are extremely comfortable with virtually no break-in period. I have not had any zipper issues, either, and the zippers seem reasonably hearty.

My only grump about them is that they are too short for my calf length, and as far as I can tell, MH doesn't make a tall option. But if they're the right length for your calf, they're lovely boots for the money.

EDIT: It would seem I lied a bit. The Firenze comes in a tall/slim calf. But you can't get the regular or wide calf in a tall option.

Cinnys Whinny 03-12-2012 10:25 AM

Thanks, I'm looking at the MH Firenze in regular height but wide.

crimsonsky 03-12-2012 12:46 PM

the MH Victoria is a beautiful boot and the wide fit like perfection. zipper seems to be good but we shall see how it holds up long term. :)

kitten_Val 03-12-2012 02:40 PM

I have a dressage pair by Mt Horse I use for shows only. Love them!

P.S. I don't know the model though...