The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Whats Your Sport? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/whats-your-sport-115945/)

whispering willow 03-10-2012 07:00 PM

Whats Your Sport?

Howdy everyone!
Just to get an idea of what other sports other people like. Whats your favorite and least favorite horse back riding sport?

MangoRoX87 03-10-2012 07:22 PM

Favorites:
Pole bending
Barrel Racing
Cutting
Reining
Team sorting

Least favorite:
Calf roping
Western pleasure
Halter

The last two just because I PERSONALY find watching them like watching paint dry.

MyBoyPuck 03-10-2012 07:55 PM

Isn't this kind of a loaded question?

mildot 03-10-2012 07:58 PM

Dressage, eventing, fox hunting. Can't rank em. Like them all the same.

its lbs not miles 03-10-2012 07:59 PM

Distance riding.
But it's not really a sport. There's not a "contest" for riding 300, 400, 500 and more miles or a time limit for doing it. Just keep the horse(s) sound and do the distance. And not many people who do it. Takes a lot of time to do and most people just can't spend a couple of months or more just riding.

Kayty 03-10-2012 08:18 PM

How about we keep this to your favourite discipline - a lot of toes are going to get stepped on otherwise!!!
I couldn't give a least favourite anyway, my favourite is dressage, but all other disciplines involve people that love what they do, they all have a purpose.

whispering willow 03-10-2012 08:40 PM

Sure but, they don't need to show your emotions just because :) i don't see why not to post this...its good for some people that see this post and don't know what to do with their horses :D Keep posting everyone! XP

Kayty 03-10-2012 08:42 PM

Maybe its too early in the morning, but I didn't get a word of that?

Iseul 03-10-2012 08:47 PM

Barrel Racing has to be first..Even though I'd rated go on a trail than run a pattern, I have quite a fondness for it since it's the sport I learned first. :p
I can't stand pole bending..personally, just for the fact that it makes me dizzy, but Lucky's a beast at it, so I endure it and hope I can stay seated enough to not fall off xD

I plan to do Mounted Archery in the near future, so I'm sure that'll move to the top of my list since it's my two favourite sports combined.
I also love watching Bulldogging (steer wresting), team roping, calf roping, and broncs. All of which I plan to do.

And though only the fun shows have it, I absolutely LOVE Simon Says. <3 It's the fits class I ever won a ribbon in, even if I was cheated out of first place, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

WesternBella 03-10-2012 08:50 PM

My favourites are barrels & poles :)
Posted via Mobile Device