The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Breed I've never heard of (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/breed-ive-never-heard-115964/)

AmazinCaucasian 03-10-2012 09:20 PM

Breed I've never heard of

Anybody heard of a breed called a Denmark? Customer had a black horse and claimed it was a rare breed, but I never heard of it.

busysmurf 03-10-2012 09:34 PM

New one to me. Could they have been trying to make a Dutch or Danish Warmblood sound rarer? I just came up w/ those 2, cause those were the only "D" breeds I could come up with? I know someone once tried to sell me Czech Riding Horse. (it was a mustang, they didn't think I could figure out the freeze brand:P)

smrobs 03-10-2012 09:39 PM

Was it, by chance, a pony? The only thing I can think of that sounds similar is the Dartmoor pony breed LOL.

There is such a thing as a Danish Warmblood. Maybe that's what they meant.

Have you seen the horse? Does it look more "stock" bred or more "warmblood"?

AmazinCaucasian 03-11-2012 11:55 AM

Nope, wasn't a warmblood or a pony. It was a medium sized mare, black and had a medium to slim build. Kind of a gaited looking head and pretty good temperament. The mare wanted to shuffle, but couldn't quite get it together. This is gaited horse country and these people bought the horse from a trader. I figure the mare is a TWH that doesn't gait and the trader saw em comin. Probably sold them a cull Walkin horse for a couple thousand by saying it was a rare breed. At least that's my suspicion.

waresbear 03-11-2012 12:01 PM

This rare breed have a registry? If not, lets start up one.

AmazinCaucasian 03-11-2012 08:21 PM

I actually know a guy who did that. He wanted to bring some unregistered horses to a registered sale, so he developed his own registry. An his stallion was the "Foundation" stud like Wimpy P1

It worked for him. Maybe you're on to something.

BarrelracingArabian 03-11-2012 08:35 PM

If they were non-horsey people the trader probably told them some bs story of a rare breed when in all actuality she is just another mix breed.

xJumperx 03-11-2012 08:48 PM

If you google "Denmark Horse Breed," Not a thing comes up. So I doubt it's real ;)