The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Growing with leaps and bounds, couldn't be more happy! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/growing-leaps-bounds-couldnt-more-happy-115972/)

Klassic Superstar 03-10-2012 10:36 PM

Growing with leaps and bounds, couldn't be more happy!

As it is with all our horses, not always fun, not always great. Sometimes very frustrating and we all have our set backs, bad days and hard falls.

I have owned Oliver now for 7 months, not all been easy, trainer issues, barn issues, this winter brought way more health issues then we ever needed but he's come through it all and is just showing us what a good man he is, he tries his little heart out!

Last night we had a jump lesson and he tried but scared himself pretty good so we just lowered all the fences and worked on him relaxing, ended on a really good note and had him long and low, chewing and blowing in the trot.

Today I had another lesson, again main focus relaxation and balance.

Got to say this ride was the best ride I have had on him in all 7 months! Relaxed, focussed, so much more balanced and we ended the lesson 30 minutes into it as he was just so good and our last round on our three jump course was flawless and relaxed, got all our striding correct!

I feel so proud of my boy! Don't you love it when you feel and see improvement!! I saw his light bulb in his head turn on and he was so happy! He got tons of treats and loves for being so smart! He turns 6 years old next month (he is not register but was told by his 2nd owner he was born in April) so we have to pick a day and celebrate!

My little man is growing up!:wink:

happy123 03-11-2012 12:00 AM

That's great! I feel the same way... I finally was able to catch the mare I lease without help today xD
I closed off the stall, she trotted around for a while then finally stopped next to me and let me put her halter on. She got a treat for that. Then we were having some bit troubles... I was trying to get the snaffle into her mouth, I was not going to stick my finger in there.... finally she opened her mouth. If she hadn't I would have just used the halter and lead rope because I can out stubborn her mareness :P

Haileyyy 03-11-2012 08:41 AM

Thats great! How old is oliver?

I know the feeling, happy123, my mare was horrible to catch when we first got her, but now she walks right up to you!

busysmurf 03-11-2012 08:55 AM

That's great!
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 03-11-2012 11:22 AM

That's great news! Is this the same trainer from before, or did you end up moving him?