The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Rider Wellness (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/)
-   -   Back on Track Back Brace? (http://www.horseforum.com/rider-wellness/back-track-back-brace-116007/)

FreeDestiny 03-11-2012 12:56 PM

Back on Track Back Brace?

Has anyone had any experience with the back brace by back on track?

I've been having tight lower back muscles for a while now and my spine almost feels weak and since the Back on Track worked well for my horse I looked into their human line....

I trust it to work but I'd rather not spend 70$ on something that really doesn't, so I came looking for reviews. :)

Thanks in advance!
Posted via Mobile Device

VT Trail Trotters 03-11-2012 06:17 PM

Sounds like a cool thing, my lower back is really bad and i need to do something about it. I dont know if i it may help.

Saddlebag 04-12-2012 08:43 AM

I get on my horse bareback, sit tall, loosen my hips and spine and let the action of walking "massage" my back. Many muscles benefit from this passive therapy.

yadlim 04-21-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1450748)
I get on my horse bareback, sit tall, loosen my hips and spine and let the action of walking "massage" my back. Many muscles benefit from this passive therapy.

If you add holding your shoulders straight while you do this (which can also be done in a saddle) you REALLY give your core muscles a heck of a workout! If you want a tight core and a skinny waist, holding your shoulders stock still and making your hips, abdomin, and lower back take all the movement of the walking/trotting horse - it only takes a couple minutes to understand what kind of workout that is!

nvr2many 04-21-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yadlim (Post 1464805)
If you add holding your shoulders straight while you do this (which can also be done in a saddle) you REALLY give your core muscles a heck of a workout! If you want a tight core and a skinny waist, holding your shoulders stock still and making your hips, abdomin, and lower back take all the movement of the walking/trotting horse - it only takes a couple minutes to understand what kind of workout that is!

OOOhhhh OOOOhhhh, riding and a workout, NICE!

kitten_Val 04-21-2012 01:50 PM

I'm late to the party, but I bought one last year for my parents. Both wear it when they have back issues, and both said it works. My trainer has one on too quite often (she has a bad back), and she was the one who recommended it to me in 1st place.