The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   My New Tennessee Walker (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/my-new-tennessee-walker-116123/)

TraceyAnn 03-12-2012 12:07 PM

My New Tennessee Walker

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is not the best picture for viewing details. I just got her over the weekend and will post some better pictures very soon.

Her name was and will remain BamaGirl. Ironic, Yes. Black with a star on her forehead and one white sock. She is 7 years old.. She needs to put on a bit of weight. She didnt have much for grass where she was. The owner kept her on his brother's property but their property sold and he had to put her somewhere else. She was in basically a LARGE dogpen with another horse until he could get her sold. No grass for the time she was there and I'm not sure how long that was. When I got her home and out to pasture it was quite some time before she picked her head up. I'm also not hip on the grain feed he was using but I will slowly wean her over to the feed we use for our others.

gigem88 03-12-2012 12:08 PM

Congrats! Yes, more pics!

Jacksmama 03-12-2012 04:13 PM

Congratulations! Can't see much from the pics but she looks very pretty!

arrowsaway 03-12-2012 08:49 PM

congrats! she looks pretty even from that angle :)

gunslinger 03-13-2012 06:49 AM

She's a beauty! Looks pretty healthy to me, not sure I'd put much weight on her.

TraceyAnn 03-13-2012 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone. Its so rainy and dreary/dark here I have not been able to take some better pics. They just won't come out right.

Gunslinger, She does look healthy in this picture, but it is the angle and the dreary lighting.. She is not tremendously underweight but I can see her ribs a bit too much. May be that good grass and hay will correct that problem.

I'm so happy to finally have her. I have been wanting a TWH for a long time. We have quarter horses, but the infamous trot is not on MY list of pro's. I started looking for my gaited beauty and here she is.

gunslinger 03-13-2012 11:29 AM

I'm sure you're going to love her.....post another picture when you get a chance....

I had just the opposite problem....mine was fat.....been trying to lose some weight.