The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Anyone ever hear of AIHA? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/anyone-ever-hear-aiha-116236/)

iridehorses 03-13-2012 06:50 AM

Anyone ever hear of AIHA?

I'm looking at a horse this morning as a companion horse and a back up. I'm not particular about breed or even if the horse is well broke. I don't mind a project although I've turned down a few unbroke, unhandled, horses - I don't need that much of a project.

In any case the horse I"m going to look at this morning is registered with the American Indian Horse Association. Both parents are also registered there.

Another "ego" registry?

goneriding 03-13-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 1404960)
I'm looking at a horse this morning as a companion horse and a back up. I'm not particular about breed or even if the horse is well broke. I don't mind a project although I've turned down a few unbroke, unhandled, horses - I don't need that much of a project.

In any case the horse I"m going to look at this morning is registered with the American Indian Horse Association. Both parents are also registered there.

Another "ego" registry?

I googled it and came up with The American International Hygiene Association. :rofl:

PaintHorseMares 03-13-2012 09:38 AM

I just did some reading on their web site and it seems to me that any American stock horse would probably be elgible...perhaps I could start my own registry and retire....

iridehorses 03-13-2012 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
AIHR

Looks like an ego type registry. Anyway, I picked her up this morning and she is one of the prettiest horses I've owned. She hadn't been ridden in 2 years but I put weight on her back and she was fine with it. She loaded like she's been doing it every day. I was separating her from the other 2 at first but she broke the gate and got in with them. No real problem so I'm hoping they will all be there when I go home for lunch.

She is 100% mustang. Both her sire and dam were there and both were BLM horses. This is a pic of her when I put her in the barn. She'll look better with a good grooming.

Attachment 91385

DuffyDuck 03-13-2012 10:59 AM

You're right.. she IS a pretty girl!!

Fingers crossed Chocolate doesn't teach her any tricks :rofl:

iridehorses 03-13-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuffyDuck (Post 1405215)
You're right.. she IS a pretty girl!!

Fingers crossed Chocolate doesn't teach her any tricks :rofl:

Thank you! You took the thought right out of my head, Sophie. I'm hoping that she will still be there at lunch time.

DuffyDuck 03-13-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 1405222)
Thank you! You took the thought right out of my head, Sophie. I'm hoping that she will still be there at lunch time.

Advert:

Missing mini and stunning AIHA.

Mini is responsible for all actions and is more than likely the culprit!

I hope you have loads of fun with her, and if she goes missing.. dum de dum..:twisted:

PaintHorseMares 03-13-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 1405212)
AIHR

Looks like an ego type registry. Anyway, I picked her up this morning and she is one of the prettiest horses I've owned. She hadn't been ridden in 2 years but I put weight on her back and she was fine with it. She loaded like she's been doing it every day. I was separating her from the other 2 at first but she broke the gate and got in with them. No real problem so I'm hoping they will all be there when I go home for lunch.

She is 100% mustang. Both her sire and dam were there and both were BLM horses. This is a pic of her when I put her in the barn. She'll look better with a good grooming.

Attachment 91385

VERY nice!