The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique Alibi (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-alibi-116314/)

Lexiie 03-13-2012 08:02 PM

Critique Alibi

4 Attachment(s)
9 year old STB
15.3 hh

Rachel1786 03-13-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexiie (Post 1406183)
9 year old STB
15.3 hh

AWWW Val on little Bella...WTH, why am I standing like that lmao :lol:

I love Alibi, she is perfect :wink:

Lexiie 03-13-2012 08:46 PM

hahah! I think you were tightening Molly's girth.
and thank you, Bella's pretty darn perfect too(:
Would you mind if I ride her tomorrow?

Rachel1786 03-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexiie (Post 1406291)
hahah! I think you were tightening Molly's girth.
and thank you, Bella's pretty darn perfect too(:
Would you mind if I ride her tomorrow?

awww thanks...now that I look at the pic that is exactly what I was doing lol, I just standing funny lol. Sure you can ride Bella anytime you want, I'll probably be there sometime after 4 :-)

Lexiie 03-13-2012 08:59 PM

Yay! Thanks(:

Chopsticks 03-13-2012 08:59 PM

great shoulder and wither set, bet this guy can really extend through the front and has a nice extended trot. as a stb he's built to trot and this confo shows it. a touch long in the back and short in the hip, great hock set and angle. legs look good, nice neck shape, ties in a little low but clean throatlatch. all around great looking guy, what do you do with him?

Lexiie 03-13-2012 09:01 PM

She*
Well she's a natural pacer, broke to trot.
Her trot is SUPER bouncy and a SUPER long stride, so I ride english.
We jump a lot, trail riding, just messing around. She's super willing.
I'm hoping to do some shows this year or the next(:
Thank you for the critique!

yourcolorfuladdiction 03-13-2012 11:15 PM

This is the type of conformation I like to see, although her hind legs are set a little close together causing her hind hooves to "toe out" it also helps her get up under herself when jumping "sit" more when doing dressage. She's got a fantastic slope to her shoulder, and very straight legs.

She actually looks like she needs a little more heel on her front feet. The slope of her hoof doesn't really match the slope of her pastern but that could be because she's standing in the ring instead of on a hard flat surface.

She could use a little more top line on her neck more towards her head, it might make her head look a little less big (although it's very pretty). STBs tend to have big heads, but I always say bigger head more brains lol (my pony has a big head too). She's also got a very sweet eye.

I actually think you'd have a nice little show horse there that would do well in dressage and jumpers and possibly lower level eventing.

Lexiie 03-14-2012 07:31 PM

Thank.you!
She does have a big head, but it looks more proportionate in person
Posted via Mobile Device

Lexiie 03-14-2012 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Alibi jumping last summer, during my barn's summer camp.
I'm not riding her, a camper is.
But just felt like sharing. She's much better over jumps now, but she loves it!
Her ears and tail go UP as soon as you point her to a jump.
I wish I had a picture of me and her. It's a better angle and you can see just how high she flicks her butt up!