The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Familiar with the couture all purpose saddle pads? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/familiar-couture-all-purpose-saddle-pads-116459/)

Thyme 03-15-2012 02:32 AM

Familiar with the couture all purpose saddle pads?

Hey, I really like these couture saddle pads I have been eyeing them for a while and I am in the market for some new saddle pads (Ejie needs her own and Fables has seen better days lol)

These are the two I like, I am having a hard time finding reveiws on them although a lot of sites carry them.

Just wondering how they hold up and how thick they are, all my past pads have been lami-cell I am not familiar with this brand.

thanks!

<3

Equine Couture Standard Heritage All Purpose Saddle Pad HorseLoverZ.com

Equine Couture Fleur De Lis All Purpose Saddle Pad HorseLoverZ.com

{Side note: Also feel free to tell me about your favorite pad as long as its under 40.00}

Karen Ford 03-15-2012 09:20 AM

hi! not familiar with this brand either...but i found some all purpose saddle pads that you are looking at....theyre on Horze.com, they are good quality and i read some good reviews on them.....right now reduced price on the website...ive attached one link but there are loads on the site....
Horze Vancouver Allround Saddle Pad | Horse Tack and Riding Apparel

dont know if thats any help!

HorsesAreMyPassion 03-16-2012 11:34 PM

I have never used the pads you're thinking of getting, so I can't comment on them, sorry.

I'll share some thoughts on some of the brands that I use.

I really like Poly Pads. I have 4 of the Poly Pads Classic style, they are more expensive than what you're looking to pay, but they are very durable, I've had mine for ages! They don't have girth and billet straps, so they can be reversed/used on both sides. They stay in place very well, even though they don't have straps. They also have a nice level of thickness to protect the horse's back. I usually use a Mattes sheepskin 1/2 pad on top of regular style pads, but I don't have to with the poly pads.

I also have a few of the Lettia cotton quilted pads, they also hold up well, but still a little more than what you want to pay.

The Roma brand of saddle pads are also very nice and they are under $40. These are just as nice as the Lettia pads, but much cheaper!

In Canada, we have a huge mail order/tack shops across Canada store called Greenhawk that has their own brand of saddle pads called Shedrow, I also really like these cotton quilted pads and they aren't too pricey.

I also have an Eskadron pad that cost a lot for what it really is and it is my least favourite pad!

Anyway, just thought I'd share, sorry it doesn't help at all with the pads you mentioned!

cakemom 03-16-2012 11:57 PM

We have the fleur one, it's nice but has a somewhat awkward fit on our gelding.
I like Roma pads a lot for the price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallaby 03-17-2012 12:16 AM

I have one of these and I love it. It's super soft and washes really well.

Roma Ecole Star Quilt Pad - Horse.com

The only complaint I have is that I've only had mine for 6 or so months but there are already some little frays (it's still totally useable and I could trim the frays off, I just haven't yet). However, I'm using it with an Australian saddle which rubs on it much differently than an english saddle would. I assume it would hold up much better used with an actual english saddle.
And, for $17, I'm not complaining. haha!

Thyme 03-17-2012 03:01 AM

Thanks for the replies guys! I am holding off now as it seems I could be selling my appaloosa back to the lady that raised her. She had to give her up when they had to suddenly move now they are back in oregon, she asked to see her and then "behind her back" her husband has been talking to me about buying her back for his wife as a surprise! I agreed I was in a similar situation with my remi boy and I remember the feeling of getting him back :) plus that means another project horse for me!
lol I got Egisis as a project and buddy for Fable now the horse I got the buddy for is going to I need to find a buddy for the buddy horse haha I am really gonna miss her though she is a great horse but this lady really really loves her, its only been alittle over a year and her husband says she still just always talks about her and she is still her screen saver. He is giving me more then I paid for horse, for the trade in value of my qh plus the training/work we have put into her.
<3
(sorry for going off track I am just really excited for this lady! I am totally gonna cry when I hand her over more for the lady then me losing fable but a little of both)

HorsesAreMyPassion 03-17-2012 11:23 AM

The best part about this is that you know she will be going to a caring, loving home and that they know each other from before you got her, so they must get along together as well. It will be sad for you, of course, but getting a new project horse can be very exciting too!

Thyme 03-17-2012 01:10 PM

Yea, I know this lady loves her 4X more then me, not saying i dont, but I have had her less then a year and this lady raised her. I am really excited for her! Just another chance to get to meet another horse!
I really want to go for a Saddlebred, TWH, or a draft cross (and crosses of the other two) since this new horse is taking over the trail mount position, Ill show them too if they are up to it :) I want a breed I havent had before but if I nice QH comes by Ill check it out