The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Anyone ever bought from dixieland saddles (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/anyone-ever-bought-dixieland-saddles-116540/)

Diegosmom 03-15-2012 07:30 PM

Anyone ever bought from dixieland saddles

Dixieland Gaited Saddles, Custom Gaited Saddles for the Walking Horse, Foxtrotter, etc

I was impressed with these saddles and was wondering if anyone has purchesed one.They will let you do payments while making the saddle so i am going to be placing an order soon

Diegosmom 03-15-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diegosmom (Post 1409637)
Dixieland Gaited Saddles, Custom Gaited Saddles for the Walking Horse, Foxtrotter, etc

I was impressed with these saddles and was wondering if anyone has purchesed one.They will let you do payments while making the saddle so i am going to be placing an order soon

here is the plantation section.I will be getting one of these
PLANTATION

gunslinger 03-16-2012 10:18 PM

I looked at them and came very close to buying one. There very nice saddles, well built and the lady riding here ssh said it was the most comfortable saddle she's been in.

That said, I found a very nice used Tennessean at a good price and that's what I decided on. It's quite a nice saddle too.

I'd still love to try a Dixieland as I think I'd like it.

Dark Horse 04-15-2012 06:21 PM

Never bought one or rode in one. If I were to get another saddle I'd look towards Kuda. They market mostly to pasos and trote y galope horses but they work for any breed provided it's the right fit. Very very comfy secure saddles and well made. If your heart is set on this one, go for it!! if not, it doesn't hurt to look at the Kuda's. Just don't be put off by the pix of the paso's. I know a gal that has a tw and she loves hers.

Palomine 04-16-2012 09:35 PM

Well I will weigh in on my experience of them, not as a buyer, but as a friend of one who ordered one custom, and as a person who e-mailed Dixieland about the friend's experience with the saddle.

The saddle was not correct, one side was much shorter than other from front to back, the quality of the workmanship was what you would expect to find on a Chinese made saddle. The pictures of the saddle before the "repairs", after them, and the ones done by a saddle maker trying to help, when Dixieland would not stand behind their warranty are disturbing to say the least.

If you want more info, you can PM me and I will tell you how to contact the person who had these problems, and how it was not handled at all well by the owner of Dixieland Saddles, and her response to me in an e-mail showed pretty well what type of company she is running.

There is no way I would want one, after seeing friend's saddle stripped down by repair shop, AFTER Dixieland had "repaired" it. It was horrifying, and keep in mind?

My friend ordered it new/custom, and it cost a pretty penny, and Dixieland did nothing to rectify the situation at all. Just blamed everyone else, but the fault was the saddle companies.

Shoddy company.

trailhorserider 04-16-2012 09:40 PM

That's good to know. I had thought about buying from them before as well.

Diegosmom 04-16-2012 10:08 PM

well i have my order placed already lets hope i have a better experience.If not i have a great saddle shop down the way that can fix anything but i hope i dont have to do that.

gunslinger 04-17-2012 11:49 AM

Please, let us know how yours is. The one I looked at was very nice.

Joe4d 04-17-2012 11:44 PM

can be a bad apple anywhere, but there are two sides to every story. What i do know is they are very well liked in the TWH world, and they hold their value and used ones I have seen listed sell immediately. Something I dont think would be happening if there was a pattern of poor workmanship.

gunslinger 04-21-2012 07:43 PM

Well, is it there yet? What do you think? Like it?