The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Chiropractor update from post "Is one time chiro visit worth it" (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/chiropractor-update-post-one-time-chiro-116575/)

JoesLove 03-16-2012 01:09 AM

Chiropractor update from post "Is one time chiro visit worth it"

So about 2 weeks ago or so I posted asking "Is one time chiropractor visit worth it?" I got many responses and one response from someone who was very against chiro and didn't believe in it at all. I promised to post an update so here it is:
Chiro came on Monday and I finally decided at the last minute I would have my horse seen. Chiro was quick, friendly, and also a vet so I was very confident in his abilities. He took the little plastic thing and put it on all his pressure points, the only point that bothered him was a point in his hind end. He did something and my horse turned slightly and had the biggest back crack I had ever heard in my life, so I knew that felt good, then he got up on the stool and did that quick small motion on his hind end putting back whatever was out of place (and Im sorry I dont remember what it was called that was out, but it seemed semi minor and he said it was what was causing him to feel uncomfortable during hoof picking). I also asked him to do an arthritis check, no arthritis yay! He said as long as I move slowly at first he should be a lot better with picking up his back legs higher.

So my trainer rode today for the first time since the adjustment and she noticed a difference right away! She kept saying how much more loose he was and you could even SEE him reaching more with his hind legs! Also I noticed he did not toss his head or fight as much at the canter as he does sometimes when asked to carry himself, and I am thinking maybe the connection is a little easier on him now (in training with dressage rider). So I am completely pleased, yes the chiro is a little expensive here, it was $240 between the farm call, and the few checks he did, but to notice a difference and know my horse feels better makes me feel so happy. He is my partner and works hard for me so he deserves to feel good! Hopefully he will stay like this for a while, but I figured I would update one and maybe convince the non believers!

CLaPorte432 03-16-2012 01:11 AM

893 Attachment(s)
Awesome! I am very happy with you. I was one of those posters who said to go for it and I'm glad it's working out for you. My mare who's had 1 chiropractor visit is much better and way more flexible and I couldn't be happier with her progress so far.

natisha 03-16-2012 08:09 AM

Good to hear!