The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Miniature Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/)
-   -   Stall Size for mini's (http://www.horseforum.com/miniature-horses/stall-size-minis-116616/)

muumi 03-16-2012 11:49 AM

Stall Size for mini's

Hi!

This is an ignorant person question, as I don't really know much about mini's at all, except that they're ADORABLE!

But I was wondering... Do they have smaller size stalls than regular ponies? How big are their stalls generally, if different? Are there companies that make stalls specifically for mini's? And do they have websites where I can look at the specifications and what they look like?

Are the doors lowered, and to what extent, so that they pony can stick his head out over it to look out?

lilruffian 03-16-2012 12:11 PM

Mini's can be stalled in regular stalls, but there are also places that custom make them for mini's.
Here's one site that atleast gives you some idea of size and measurement.
Or check out Google for more sites & photos ;)
Horse Stalls by Woodstar Products - Miniature Horse Stalls

RoosHuman 03-16-2012 03:38 PM

Our two little dudes share a standard 10x12 stall. At the farm they are from, everything is "miniature." It is super a adorable!

muumi 03-16-2012 03:58 PM

OMG! I opened the link, and the picture nearly made me die of cute!

RoosHuman, I would love to see that farm... Ah man!
I don't have a mini, but we boarded one for a short while when I was a kid. I always wanted to get one after that!
Posted via Mobile Device

Raven12 04-25-2012 05:14 PM

stall size

LOVED the link the stalls are adorable.. my guy has to stay outside in a pen at present.. but it would be sooo nice to have one of those.... oh well... I can always dreammm....lol..:D

Endiku 04-25-2012 05:44 PM

We pasture ALL of our miniatures, but our quarentine stall/pen is normal sized but with a hole covered with mesh cut ouf at eye level for them to peek out. Some minis will get very claustrophobic if they can't see out.

Failbhe 05-28-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endiku (Post 1471934)
We pasture ALL of our miniatures, but our quarentine stall/pen is normal sized but with a hole covered with mesh cut ouf at eye level for them to peek out. Some minis will get very claustrophobic if they can't see out.

I hadn't thought of that, I'm glad you mentioned it. We don't have a stable/stalls at the moment but we're planning to build one in the next few years - I had assumed that they would be fine in a regular stall. Good to know!

classicequineequipment 06-21-2012 01:29 PM

I want to see that farm. I kinda like the horses, hope you can visit my site too. :) Stables

minihorse 08-07-2012 12:45 AM

woodstar makes a wonderful product. our mini is in a 6' x 8' stall, she's 30" and has plenty of room to move, laydown. What we liked about woodstar is their product is sorta modular. they make the door (top to bottom). the make the side rails (with the bars) however long you want them to be. then they sell you long metal U shaped vertical bars. you cut the boards the lenght you've told them to make the top portion, slide them into the U bars and when you have the height you want, plop the pre-fab top onto it and voila......done! Our prefab pieces are not almost 3 years old and they still look new.