The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Tack Shops in San Fran, Cali (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tack-shops-san-fran-cali-116636/)

xxdanioo 03-16-2012 03:25 PM

Tack Shops in San Fran, Cali

This summer me and my boyfriend are going to San Fran for a week, and then to disneyland for a week. We are planning on staying at Fisherman's Wharf. Are there any tack shops I could hit up in the area?

We will be going to a couple baseball games, the zoo, and alcatraz, so anything in that area would be sweet. But we have a couple free days.

Anything in Anaheim would be cool as well :)

Thanks!

aqharyder 03-16-2012 06:55 PM

Sounds like fun! Are you planning to go north at all, up into the wine country? There is a great saddle shop that sells tons of saddles on consignment, both English and Western, and they have new items as well - all kinds of tack, blankets, clothes, etc. There is also a really cool antique store next door that I believe the owner of the tack store owns as well. I go there as often as I can as there are great finds there. Anyway, it is called Saddles to Boots and it is in Santa Rosa, about 60 miles north of San Francisco.

Cacowgirl 03-16-2012 07:18 PM

you might want to check out Thrifty Horse in Norco.It is about 45 minutes from D. Land. Norco is called the Horse Capital of the World. Thrifty Horse has both new & consignment items-lots of saddles, headgear, tons of blankets, some books, atrwork & gift items. There's a Boot Barn next door, too. & Norco Ranch Outfitters across the street. I really miss this store.

SF77 03-20-2012 02:01 AM

Tack Shops

Is there anything specific that you are looking for?

Now a days I feel like it's hard to find nice tack shops because most are online. :-)

xxdanioo 03-20-2012 12:44 PM

I just like browsing haha. I wont be buying anything huge- since we are flying. Maybe a nice leather halter, coolers, fun stuff haha. Depending on prices maybe some saddle pads. I don't think i'll be able to go too far out from San Fran/ Anaheim, so anything within the cities would be nice to check out.