The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I had someone offer to buy my colt, how much..? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-had-someone-offer-buy-my-116717/)

LovesMyDunnBoy 03-17-2012 02:20 PM

I had someone offer to buy my colt, how much..?

I had someone stop by my house yesterday. They asked if I would sell him. I'm not sure how much to ask for him though. He's about to be a year old, no papers. His mom had then but the previous owner never got them to us. He's a red dun, and has nice comfo, great temperment, he's super fast and is going to make a.great horse one day...what should I ask for him? If I sell him, i'll be getting another riding horse. He's my baby but I really want a riding horse... I just dont know.lol..

Sorry if I rambled. My question is, how much should I ask for him? Considering he's my baby, and I need enough money to buy another riding horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tasia 03-17-2012 03:01 PM

A grade, untrained yearling? You would be very lucky to get $500.

HorseGuru 03-17-2012 03:05 PM

i agree shoot for atleast 700 and if they take it then thats good if not go down on the price

LovesMyDunnBoy 03-17-2012 03:07 PM

500 is more than I expected lol thanks guys
Posted via Mobile Device

cowboy bowhunter 03-20-2012 02:45 PM

I wouldnt expect more then $300. You can go to a auction and get unregistered horses for less then that.

cakemom 03-20-2012 03:10 PM

Remember that you weren't selling, they were buying. Let them make an offer before you give a price, and then if the number sounds good to you you say well, I guess I could let him go for that.
Posted via Mobile Device

LovesMyDunnBoy 03-21-2012 12:46 PM

I have decided to keep him, but thanks for your opinions guys. I just can't let him go unless I have too, which I don't
Posted via Mobile Device