The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   In Hawaii- wanting to go for a ride! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/hawaii-wanting-go-ride-116949/)

tbstorm 03-19-2012 09:46 PM

In Hawaii- wanting to go for a ride!

Hello everyone!

I'm just wondering on the off chance if anyone knows a place to ride on the island of Oahu. Its beautiful here but i would love to experience it on horseback. I'm looking for more of a ride for the more experienced, not just a nose to tail trail ride. There is a polo club here that offers one but it was over $300 dollars and as you can imagine my dad was just not up for that when i can ride for free back home!

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great thanks!

CLaPorte432 03-19-2012 09:55 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Horseback Tours | KUALOA RANCH

Oahu Horseback -Oahu horse riding trails -Tom Barefoot's Tours

Where are you staying? I LOVE Hawaii! Best vacation I've ever been on and can't wait to go back!

tbstorm 03-19-2012 09:58 PM

We are at the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach.... its HEAVEN!!!! ugh so nice here! and when im laying on the beach knowing its snowing back home it makes it THAT much better lol! thank you for the sites! I'll check them out!

CLaPorte432 03-19-2012 10:02 PM

893 Attachment(s)
LoL. We stayed at the Marriot on Waikiki across from the beach. The ABC stores are like every 2 feet on Waikiki! It's so funny.

Next time we go, we are staying at the "Pink Palace" that's right on the beach. It's the huge pink hotel that I'm sure you've seen, if your not looking at it right now. :-P (I'm jealous)

If you guys are into hiking, hike Diamondhead. It takes about an hour to get up there but the view is awesome. I think it's quicker coming down too. LoL. We also went and saw the Pearl Harbour memorial that they have, and took a ferry out to the USS Arizona and saw the memorial they had out there over the ship. That was cool. I went about 5 years ago and it was under construction so I can't wait to go back and see what changes were made!

tbstorm 03-19-2012 10:13 PM

Awesome! and I know as soon as you loose sight of one ABC theres another one right in front of you! haha our hotel is right beside the pink palace and our room faces it so yes i am actually looking at it right now :P Our hotel is under construction so thats why we were able to stay right on the beach :) the beach is also under construction a bit further down. They are making it wider! Hawaii is definitely paradise! Its funny though our concierge in the hotel told me the private polo trail ride was over $300 but on one of the sites you gave me it says its $115... i may have to phone to find out for sure! The ride goes right down onto the beach and then back up to the polo fields and i reeaallyyy want to do this one :/

CLaPorte432 03-19-2012 10:18 PM

893 Attachment(s)
That's awesome!

I'd definitely call and find out the real price, I'd go by what's listed on the website. ;-)

tbstorm 03-19-2012 10:31 PM

i really hope so because it sounds like a blast! if that doesnt work out theres another place that has an advanced ride for $109... still expensive but dad said its more resonable... i just dont know if its on the beach :/ they do an assesment of you before, I like when people asses my riding :P it feels kind of like a show and i dont get to show! I just usually find it weird to ride a "public" horse, like one everyone uses... its mouth will probably be so ruined and that depresses me :( I work off of Parelli and Jonathan Field (i dont know if you've heard of Jonathan) so its always weird riding other horses! but ya know I like to think I can give this horse an enjoyable ride and that makes me feel better :P i'm kind of babling on here but im so excited!

IslandWave 03-20-2012 12:12 AM

I'm from Hawaii, but I've not gone on a horseback ride on Oahu. I'd look for brochures that you'd find at your hotel and compare rates. I hope that you'll find a good one! I don't think you can ride on a beach on Oahu... I've yet to ride on a beach and I grew up on the Big Island. :P

loveduffy 03-20-2012 12:17 AM

please post pictures that would be nice to see

Joe4d 03-20-2012 02:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
kuola ranch is a guided go at a walk ride, pretty decent scenery. Take the long trip.