The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Things People Say About Horses :P

24K views 170 replies 78 participants last post by  Saranda 
#1 ·
I had a mare that was lame and I told some people that she was lame and they were like "That's abusive language to your horse!" because they though I mean't it was lame (not cool). My friend and me were lauging our heads off after that (I told them over the internet)! :lol: Does anyone have experience with these kind of people?

#9 ·
I've had the lame comment several times!

Just yesterday, someone said, "You have horses? You must be rich." LOL. DEFINITELY not.
Yes, I used to have money....now I have horses :lol:
Would rather have the horses...definitely.

#6 ·
I think I've gotten all of these! My horse is lame right now and I was telling my aunt and she was all 'you don't like your horse anymore?'

And, yeah, the you've-got-horses-you-must-be-rich thing.

I've learned not to tell guys my age that I ride horses because they turn all sleaze and only hear 'I like to ride'

"OMG why are you hiring someone to cut his feet off?? I thought you said he wasn't that tall!" < coworker

"Ewww, you have to clean his penis? What if he 'gets attracted to you' during?" < my mom

"Don't feed your horse that watermelon, if there is a seed in there it actually will grow in their stomach because they are big enough" < actually a horse person

#8 ·
Yup. My mom is the opposite of a horse person. She wear 4 inch heels to the barn and thought all the fat, lazy lesson horses were going to chase her car (by jumping over the fence and breaking out of their stalls)

She also wanted to know if a gelding was a hermaphrodite. I was horse shopping a while ago and I said there were 3 genders - mare, stallion, and gelding. Well she knows a mare is a girl and a stallion is a boy so a gelding must be a mix

#11 ·
I get the "doesn't he get hot" question when Odie has a fly sheet on.

I've had the usual comment about braiding/banding on a boy horse and how they must hate it since it's for girls (I doen't even bother explaining stud vs. gelding).

Why do I feed horses hay & grain, it looks disgusting.

Do horses get baths?

What happens when you go on vacation, do you take them to a kennel?

I'm sure I'll think of more:)

#15 ·
hahaha wow i love none horse people! i have a bunch
*horse flicks ears* "does that mean hes mad at me" <-- friend

"why do you have that mask on, thats mean"<--friend

"why would be be taking riding lessons, what is there to learn?"<--countless people but recently my classmate. this ALWAYS makes sooo mad!!!

"you ride with spurs, thats cruel, doesnt it hurt the horse" <--boyfriends mother, in her snootiest, know it allm jugmental voice yet

"your horse stays outside in the winter! the poor guy"<-- my mother. oy. she also wanted to buy him a winter blanket even though he doesnt need one and we barely get winters anyways.

Reactions: happy123
#17 ·
hahaha wow i love none horse people! i have a bunch
*horse flicks ears* "does that mean hes mad at me" <-- friend

"why do you have that mask on, thats mean"<--friend

"why would be be taking riding lessons, what is there to learn?"<--countless people but recently my classmate. this ALWAYS makes sooo mad!!!

"you ride with spurs, thats cruel, doesnt it hurt the horse" <--boyfriends mother, in her snootiest, know it allm jugmental voice yet

"your horse stays outside in the winter! the poor guy"<-- my mother. oy. she also wanted to buy him a winter blanket even though he doesnt need one and we barely get winters anyways.
Why is it that people love to display their ignorance?

Now this one I know how to fix.......:twisted:
"why would be be taking riding lessons, what is there to learn?"<--

#24 ·
^ Or, if you're my mom, you let the horse have the entire carrot in one bite because you are afraid he'll bite you if you don't give him everything he wants RIGHTNOW!
I solved that byexplaining he could choke and that horses can't throw up. Now she's guilt-ridden ;-)

#25 ·
"Women should never handle a stallion.", Better yet, "Women shouldn't handle stallions when they are cycling, the stallion will try to breed.".......Say WHAT?

"Why are you torturing that poor horse?! It must be 120 F out there!".

I had an old horse who had severe allergic reactions to bug bites, so he was covered head to foot in fly mask, neck cover, fly sheet and fly boots, all bright white and mesh of course.

#29 · (Edited)
OMG!!!! This was hysterical!

"Ewww, you have to clean his penis? What if he 'gets attracted to you' during?" < my mom

My 43 year old fiance actually said something about this (in a slightly jealous manner.)

I blinked twice and told him not to give me any reasons to reconsider our April wedding!

I am SO SURE!!! This came from a man who changed diapers and wiped butts! Really???? Did I ask him if wiping his daughter's butt at 2 yrs of age caused him .....

oh, sorry, relived the argument for a moment there.

#30 ·
OK so this is a bit off topic, but it popped in my head when thinking about stupid things people say.
My sister, after watching my dad shoot his 300 Winchester rifle at night, "Wow! I bet those flames would really burn you if you were standing in front of the gun!"
No, not thinking you would have to worry too much about the flames if you were standing in front of that rifle :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.