The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Silly Things People Say About Horses :P (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/silly-things-people-say-about-horses-117024/)

4HCountryGirl 03-20-2012 11:42 AM

Silly Things People Say About Horses :P

I had a mare that was lame and I told some people that she was lame and they were like "That's abusive language to your horse!" because they though I mean't it was lame (not cool). My friend and me were lauging our heads off after that (I told them over the internet)! :lol: Does anyone have experience with these kind of people?

Country Woman 03-20-2012 11:53 AM

those people are not horse people

4HCountryGirl 03-20-2012 11:59 AM

Noooo way. Lol!

aldebono 03-20-2012 12:00 PM

"Why do you put those masks on them so they can't see?"

Talking about fly masks.

"They are so big!"

Not always.

"And scary!"

False.

"And mean!"

You are mean for talking bad about horses.

Cali 03-20-2012 12:14 PM

I've had the lame comment several times!

Just yesterday, someone said, "You have horses? You must be rich." LOL. DEFINITELY not.

neonpony 03-20-2012 12:27 PM

I think I've gotten all of these! My horse is lame right now and I was telling my aunt and she was all 'you don't like your horse anymore?'

And, yeah, the you've-got-horses-you-must-be-rich thing.

I've learned not to tell guys my age that I ride horses because they turn all sleaze and only hear 'I like to ride'

"OMG why are you hiring someone to cut his feet off?? I thought you said he wasn't that tall!" < coworker

"Ewww, you have to clean his penis? What if he 'gets attracted to you' during?" < my mom

"Don't feed your horse that watermelon, if there is a seed in there it actually will grow in their stomach because they are big enough" < actually a horse person

mildot 03-20-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neonpony (Post 1415943)
"Ewww, you have to clean his penis? What if he 'gets attracted to you' during?" < my mom

WHHAAAAATTT? :?

Does she really think so? Where's the eye-roll smiley when you need it?

neonpony 03-20-2012 12:34 PM

Yup. My mom is the opposite of a horse person. She wear 4 inch heels to the barn and thought all the fat, lazy lesson horses were going to chase her car (by jumping over the fence and breaking out of their stalls)

She also wanted to know if a gelding was a hermaphrodite. I was horse shopping a while ago and I said there were 3 genders - mare, stallion, and gelding. Well she knows a mare is a girl and a stallion is a boy so a gelding must be a mix

DressageDreamer 03-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali (Post 1415922)
I've had the lame comment several times!

Just yesterday, someone said, "You have horses? You must be rich." LOL. DEFINITELY not.

Yes, I used to have money....now I have horses :lol:
Would rather have the horses...definitely.

mildot 03-20-2012 01:29 PM

My horse loves me.