The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horsey people stereotypes (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horsey-people-stereotypes-117159/)

Gleek 03-21-2012 07:44 AM

Horsey people stereotypes

So many people have assumed different things of me because i ride horses.
People either think...
-I'm training to be a jockey. I'm not. I'm too tall and not into racing.
-I'm really rich. I'm not.
-I'm obsessed with horses and totally horse crazy. When you ride/own a horse you actually HAVE TO know practically everything about horses. It's a dangerous sport and it can kill you.
-I'm going to be persuing a career in some type of horse riding. I'm not. I love horse riding and all to death but i'm a musican and actress.
-I love country music. I don't like country music at all.

Anyone else been asumed of something just because of your horsey lifestyle?

DuffyDuck 03-21-2012 07:50 AM

'Ooh, you can't talk to her.. she's rich because she has HORSES'

Wrongo.

My bank account hits 0 every month because of those horses :rofl:

kassierae 03-21-2012 07:51 AM

Oh you have horsed? You must have/live on a farm!

Nah, not really.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gleek 03-21-2012 07:52 AM

Yes! exactly! It's nearly impossible to have money and a horse.

iridehorses 03-21-2012 08:49 AM

According to my 94 year old mother, I'll grow out of it. (I'm 65 and have owned horses for well over 30 years) - don't think so.

Jake and Dai 03-21-2012 08:57 AM

I get the "oh! you must be rich" from a lot of people. Especially at work when they see my screen saver of my two poneh's taking a nap in the round pen. LOL

And when people come to my house, I usually hear..."you have a cow?" when they see my b&w pinto. I tell them that's the prettiest cow they will ever see!

Logibear24 03-21-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

And when people come to my house, I usually hear..."you have a cow?" when they see my b&w pinto. I tell them that's the prettiest cow they will ever see!
Haha this made me giggle iv had people say this to me but never thought to come up with such a good come back XD

busysmurf 03-21-2012 09:10 AM

I get "wow, you must have a lot of extra time" (I work full-time & have 2 kids)Nope, I just don't sleep.

"You still ride at your age? I thought horses were just a kid/teenager thing." - I'm 31

"Do you get to chase cows, like in the old west?" Only if I plan on getting shot by the dairy farmer I keep 1 of the horses by.

"I can't believe you take your 3yr old to the barn. Aren't you afraid he'll get run over or stepped on?" Not really, he's to busy tormenting the barn cats and the goat, or trying to get tractor rides:)

With Grace 03-21-2012 11:07 AM

I have people tell me I DON'T fit the horse person stereo type, and that sometimes really bugs me. Like I'm not authentic or something. I wear makeup, I like fashion, and I'm pretty girly girl...outside of the barn. I could care less about these things at the barn though!

I do listen to country music though...

COWCHICK77 03-21-2012 11:19 AM

Before I was married and dating the biggest thing I ran into was that horse girls are crazy.
Guys that I had met didn't want to date a girl with horses because they are high maintainence(sp). Guys that rode wanted to date girls from town that didn't know anything about them.

Also there is a big misconception that girls that work for trainers are only there to hopefully hook up and marry a trainer.:evil: I was there to learn and get paid doing it!