The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What do I wear to go trail riding if I hate jeans and I hate jodhpurs? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-do-i-wear-go-trail-117400/)

Ricci 03-23-2012 12:43 PM

What do I wear to go trail riding if I hate jeans and I hate jodhpurs?

Heres the deal. I hate pants, really. I have a couple pairs of jeans that I wear when I really need to, but that's it. I don't wear those tight riding jodhpurs, I think they are worse than jeans. When I show I wear the proper stuff that I need to wear but I always hate it. I ride western and I'm just talking about trail riding here. Normally I would just wear soft shorts and ride bareback but it's still too cold here to do that. Any suggestions? I would consider sweats maybe.

~*~anebel~*~ 03-23-2012 12:50 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkSTUDc1Ek

You could try this lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Ricci 03-23-2012 12:52 PM

lmao!!! Ouch!!

FlyGap 03-23-2012 01:05 PM

28 Attachment(s)
What are those jeans called that are made of pajama material? They say you can't tall the difference! LOL!

I used to ride in cutoffs and bareback... Then my mare rolled in poison ivy and my legs were swollen straight for two weeks, never again!

themacpack 03-23-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyGap (Post 1420865)
What are those jeans called that are made of pajama material? They say you can't tall the difference! LOL!

I used to ride in cutoffs and bareback... Then my mare rolled in poison ivy and my legs were swollen straight for two weeks, never again!

Pajama Jeans -- tricky name, eh?? :lol:

OP - if it's just pleasure/trail riding, you can ride in anything that is comfortable and covers your legs sufficiently for your taste. The problem with sweats is their materiel is very prone to being "caught" on things that the heavy/stiffer denim would normally not catch on. An alternative would be yoga type pants/leggings that would be soft but more fitted so as not to hang out there and get caught up like sweats - but then you're pretty close to jods...and they aren't all that heavy duty as to hold up to a lot of riding before you start to wear through them.

kitten_Val 03-23-2012 01:18 PM

I wear all kinds of old stuff on trails: pants, sweat, whatever I have clean at the moment. In fact I use it all in ring too (especially in winter when it's cold). I use breeches mostly when I feel like it (not every ride) and for lessons (and shows of course).

P.S. I don't ride in jeans: they are too restricting.

mls 03-23-2012 01:20 PM

Leggings or riding tights.

flyinghooves 03-23-2012 02:38 PM

I ride english and HATE the english pants as well....so I just buy exercise or yoga pants...yoga pants might be good for you because if they are long they will go right over your boots. Very Comfortable and in the summer they are too hot.

SmallTownGypsy 03-23-2012 02:43 PM

Lady Godiva went in nothing. lol

Shropshirerosie 03-23-2012 04:35 PM

Learn to ride side-saddle, then you can wear a skirt.
:lol: