The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   Our flag/drill team (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/our-flag-drill-team-117540/)

BarrelRacer67 03-24-2012 09:29 PM

Our flag/drill team

This was our first 'performance' and it went great, other then a few little things like horses having a 'attitude attack'. :-P What do y'all think? And sorry for the crappy quality, it was on my mom's phone :-) and Sorry for the commentary by my family :lol: Just Ignore them :D

MangoRoX87 04-05-2012 10:57 PM

Very nice!!!:) one thing I will comment on...spacing in the suicide pinwheels between riders needs to be adjusted a bit. And PLEASE PLEASE make sure those poles are straight up and down, I saw a few tilters!:)

Also...if you guys are going to be doing that fast of a drill, I'd suggest a different song. It's a little over played for patriotic drills, and just not fast enough to keep a good rythm with the drill ya know?:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MangoRoX87 04-06-2012 10:36 AM

Here is an example of matching music up with the ride
YouTube - HDV 0001

And go ahead and ignore the exit and the few little mishaps XD over all it was a good drill, and the music it made it one of the most enjoyable drills I have done:)
Posted via Mobile Device

flytobecat 04-06-2012 11:05 AM

You look good for the 1st time out.

BarrelRacer67 04-07-2012 11:47 AM

Thanks guys! and yeah our suicide pinwheels need alot more work lol. And I hate that song! XD Adn you can hear my mom flipping our because she thinks I dropped my flag but I let it go to fix my reins haha. Adn we have alot of little girls who have never carried a flag but we are working on it :) And really liked that video, Mango!! Y'all looked really good!

MangoRoX87 04-07-2012 09:44 PM

Ahhhh I see!!!! Well y'all looked good for yor first time out!! Our first time out last year was horrible. It was one horses first rodeo so he was FREAKED, and we only had one flag, me, with no partner (we ride with 2 or 4 flags in one main big drill)
Posted via Mobile Device