The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Bareback jumpin' *Woop woop!!* (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/bareback-jumpin-%2Awoop-woop-%2A-117619/)

skyhorse1999 03-25-2012 04:57 PM

Bareback jumpin' *Woop woop!!*

Hey! so i have been wanting to take my horse over a jump bareback for a really long time....i have trotted groundpoles no hands (bareback, obvs.) but we still have some troubles with bucking when he canters without a saddle..:oops:hehe! but i'm gonna jump bareback next time i go out...anyone ever jumped bareback? any tips? i haven't fallen off this horse yet and i don't intend to anytime soon:-P

PintoTess 03-25-2012 05:02 PM

If he bucks at the cantre bareback, I wouldn't jump him high bareback! If you do end up jumping him BB, id trot so you dont fall off !! Id hate to see you get bucked off at the canter haha :P Dont go high for your first time until your position is stable, BB is harder than jumping with a saddle and you need a strong seat :)

Good luck!

BarrelBunny 03-25-2012 10:35 PM

I LOVE jumping bareback! Just remember to get a fistful of mane and squeeze really tight with your thighs! When I come out of it I pull my boy in a circle because he likes to lope or even gallop out of it... :wink: Good luck!! :D

ABlazingKiss 04-05-2012 09:24 AM

I love jumping bareback! I would start out with a cross rail and see how he reacts. If he is better with jumping at the trot then i would just trot it at first. Remember to grab a chunk of mane and hold your thighs tight because that is all you've got. haha. If eh does ok with that, then step it up to the canter. As long as you know your horse and know how to control him, you should be fine.

gypsygirl 04-05-2012 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i love jumping bareback !! make sure you are very comfortable w/t/c bareback before you start jumping. also make sure you can easily get off their back at trot and canter, when you jump you must be off their back, especially bareback. you can always grab mane over fences =]

hers a pic of me and a horse i used to ride jumping 4'

skyhorse1999 04-15-2012 10:37 AM

thanks every one....jumped bb 2 foot yeasterday and it was awesome! great pics btw gypsy:)