The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   The 2 Point (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/2-point-117629/)

VT Trail Trotters 03-25-2012 05:41 PM

The 2 Point

Just a question, but are you comfortable *like not straining* keeping the 2 point stance? And is it "easy" for you? I can easy keep the stance and i dont strain to, and some how i can keep a strait back, i have like the worlds worst posture sitting. But my trainer says im great at it and i keep my back strait.

Live2Ride15 03-25-2012 07:30 PM

I am pretty comfy in 2 point, I didn't used to be though I would be dieing after just a few seconds but now I would say it is pretty easy! :D

waresbear 03-25-2012 07:35 PM

My instructor uses an extreme version of 2 point to freshen up correct posture. At first when I started riding with her & she had me do this, I thought I was gonna die, this was right after I had recovered from knee surgery so I was really out of shape. Now, I do this all the time & love it.

VanillaBean 03-26-2012 04:23 PM

It has become really easy for me. I revent so I have to be very strong in my half seat/2-point. Once you find the true center of gravity, it is as easy as sitting.

HorsesAreMyPassion 03-26-2012 04:43 PM

I feel very secure and comfortable in my 2 point. I can spend hours in a deep 2 point position when fox hunting.

Hidalgo13 03-26-2012 05:11 PM

I haven't done 2 point in a long time, but I find it's easier than sitting a bumpy canter. ;)

BrinkofSunshine 03-26-2012 10:30 PM

I'm so jealous of all of you- when my trainer has me do two-point around the ring at either a walk or trot my legs feel like they're gonna fall off :( I guess I should try and go to the gym...

Nevreme 03-26-2012 10:39 PM

When I was showing (aka, before my riding break) I could stay in my two-point for an entire lesson if I was told too. Now...Not so much xD I also had to totally retrain my position when I switched barns because I learned to ride from my knee instead of my leg. I'm very comfortable in my two-point and the only correction I get on mine is to sit up, as I tend to lean too far down especially on a horse that is more on their front end.

I, too, have absolutely horrible posture off a horse xD

VT Trail Trotters 03-26-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevreme (Post 1425597)
When I was showing (aka, before my riding break) I could stay in my two-point for an entire lesson if I was told too. Now...Not so much xD I also had to totally retrain my position when I switched barns because I learned to ride from my knee instead of my leg. I'm very comfortable in my two-point and the only correction I get on mine is to sit up, as I tend to lean too far down especially on a horse that is more on their front end.

I, too, have absolutely horrible posture off a horse xD

Yay! Im not alone on that, my posture is soooo bad! I sit in chairs like i will slouch really far down and stuff cause its comfortable and people ask me how can you do that?

Nevreme 03-26-2012 11:20 PM

My answer to them is; how can you not do that? Honestly, I find it more uncomfortable to sit up in a chair than to slouch. On the horse I have something moving underneath of me so it's more comfortable to have good posture.