The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   How do you have your tack room organized? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-do-you-have-your-tack-117771/)

Lexiie 03-26-2012 08:17 PM

How do you have your tack room organized?

1 Attachment(s)
I share my tack room with another girl and my younger sister. I have the left side, left corner and some of the back wall.
My little sister has the back right corner
and the other girl has thee right side and front right corner.

BCtazzie 03-26-2012 08:29 PM

one word.... badly

Lexiie 03-26-2012 08:32 PM

The girl who shares my tack room leave things ALL OVER the place.
I've filled three garbage bags and boxes with her stuff
and it was all dirty clothes!!

Cruiser 03-26-2012 08:38 PM

I have a homemade saddle rack, screwed to a wall about 5 foot up (I'm tall so no problems), four hooks for halters and bridles beside it. A large trunk underneth with my boots, helmet, halters, brushes inside, or hanging on the inside. And a rolling shelf thing, that has a first aid kit in one drawer, bathing stuff in another, and tack cleaning, leather punch, metal polish, saddle soap, rags, and sponges in it. I also have another trunk in a out of the way place for out of season blankets, when in season or use they are in a plastic tote in my hay shed for easy grab and use. Mind you I don't own a lot of stuff, three blankets, fly sheet, grooming stuff, saddle and pad, bridle, three halters three leads, whats in the rolly thing, plus my riding clothes and that's it.

Lexiie 03-26-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruiser (Post 1425311)
I have a homemade saddle rack, screwed to a wall about 5 foot up

how'd you make your saddle rack?

Cinnys Whinny 03-26-2012 08:43 PM

Our tack lockers are 4X4 and about 6 foot tall with two home made saddle racks attached to the back wall slightly to the right side, one above the other. There is also a shelf up on top. I have a set of hooks on the left side for halters, bridles etc. I made a blanket rack to put on the door for saddle blankets. On the left is my grain bin with rubber boots behind it and under the saddle racks is a big rubbermade bin that I put rugs and misc stuff I don't use every day in. First aid kit and bathing supplies are on the top shelf with my hoof dressing. Grooming box is on top of the grain bin. It's packed but I make it work.

Lexiie 03-26-2012 08:45 PM

we were thinking about separating our shared tack rooms into personal
"tack bays"

jumanji321 03-26-2012 08:48 PM

I share with four other people in an unused stall, four of us keep all of our saddles along the back of the stall and the one keeps her saddle right in front of my grooming bag...:/ We then have a bullitin board with all of our health reminders, messages and other things on it. Two of us (I think) Also keep feed in there.

Lexiie 03-26-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1425328)
I share with four other people in an unused stall, four of us keep all of our saddles along the back of the stall and the one keeps her saddle right in front of my grooming bag...:/ We then have a bullitin board with all of our health reminders, messages and other things on it. Two of us (I think) Also keep feed in there.

that's crazy!
All our tackrooms are old stalls from when we were building our barn, it's cramped with three
I can't imagine five, Im in the biggest one too!!

SionTheMonster 03-26-2012 08:52 PM

I board/ride at a place that's primarily a lesson barn. When you walk in the door, the little piece of wall to the left of the door is my coach's, along with that corner. Then the big left wall is all the saddles in the barn, along with tack bins for the boarders. Me and 2 other boarders have our saddles directly above our bins - I got lucky 'cause my saddle rack just happened to have a hook on it for my bridle, too! So all my stuff is in one place. The wall directly across/in front of the door has 2 big feed bins and tubs supplements, a rack for saddle pads, and then all the schoolie bridles. The wall to the right of the door just has more bins, my coach's farrier equipment (her and another lady do all the feet themselves), and a sink. The wall directly right of the door has shelves for everything, and hooks for spurs, girths, hole punches, etc. And that's our little room! :) I'll try to get some pictures of it when I can! I love how it's all arranged.