The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Breed Stereotypes (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/breed-stereotypes-117777/)

csimkunas6 03-26-2012 08:16 PM

Breed Stereotypes

A previous post have got me thinking......what are some breed stereotypes that you have heard? Curious to see what others have heard of, as there seems to be more and more that I have never heard of.....thanks :)

GhostwindAppaloosa 03-26-2012 08:37 PM

Appaloosas-
Rat mane and tails
Stubborn
Stupid
Impossible to train
Must be riddin down for HOURS before riding

Lets just say its all a bunch of BS

CLaPorte432 03-26-2012 08:41 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Arabians: Hard to handle and very spooky.

OuttatheBlue 03-26-2012 08:46 PM

All paints are crazy. All quarter horses are dead heads.

DraftyAiresMum 03-26-2012 08:49 PM

All drafts are plodders...oh, wait. ;-) Just kidding!!! lol

I've heard that paints are dumber than dirt, TBs are all hot heads, arabs are flighty, QHs are the sanest horses you can get, and grades are worthless.

mudpie 03-26-2012 08:53 PM

All warmbloods are automatically amazing jumping/dressage/eventing/etc. horses. ;)

TimberRidgeRanch 03-26-2012 08:54 PM

Hey Hey Hey now DRAFTY mine are not plodders they are ground pounders lol I heard them called big headed dumb blocks of horse poop lol Mule headed lol.

I heard arabians called thin skinned and hot tempered
TBs spooky air headed flighty bag of bones.
Appies attitudes
QH's peanut pushers
Standardbreds Jug Heads
Saddlebreds Foo Foo horses lol
Shetland ponies ****lands

Now before anyone goes chewing me out on these I DO NOT call them this. I call all horses the 3 in one garden tool though They cut grass till and fertilize lol

DraftyAiresMum 03-26-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimberRidgeRanch (Post 1425453)
Hey Hey Hey now DRAFTY mine are not plodders they are ground pounders lol I heard them called big headed dumb blocks of horse poop lol Mule headed lol.

Mine is half draft and he does what we call the "Draft Horse Plod" when he doesn't want to do something or when we're headed out on a trail ride. He walks as slow as physically possible while still moving forward and no amount of squeezing, prodding or even kicking can make him go faster. lol

Cowgirl140ty 03-26-2012 08:59 PM

Couldnt agree more with ghostwind. You should see these cowboys at the jackpots i haul to talk about my app. But always at the end of the day they eat their words ;) And usually offer to buy him.
Posted via Mobile Device

apachewhitesox 03-26-2012 08:59 PM

Well these are probably well known .
Throroughbreds-spycho(sp?), hard keepers, hot/high energy, unpredictable etc most of these are commonly known but only apply to a few individuals. It also is mostly due to there feed whilst on the track that causes this.

Warmblood - the one thing I have constantly heard is dumbblood which is far from the truth from the one I kow he is extremely smart.

I can't think of anymore at the moment though.